Q: How do I apply to First Wednesday Art Walk?
- First, read the rules and regulations to be an artist and then create a Manage My Market account using this link: http://bit.ly/L6Wosc
Q: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO APPLY?
- All artists must pay a $35 application fee.
- Approved artists must pay a set up fee of $35 per month. Payments must be made on-site at check-in. Sorry, we don’t take Monopoly money. Fees are non-refundable.
Q: WHAT IS THE PROCESS ONCE I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
Following submission, an application goes through a juried review process by staff. Each application will be evaluated in accordance to our rules and regulations. All items sold at Art Walk must be approved.
Once your application is approved, notifications will be sent via email.
Note: Application approval is at the full discretion of DVI. Applicants may be denied because of an incomplete application, because the application does not meet outlined requirements, due to quality of artwork or because there are too many artists with similar items.
Q: I'M HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE MANAGE MY MARKET SITE.
Contact the experts directly first at 503-878-8466. They are based out of a different time zone, so if you can’t get a hold of them/your problem persists, shoot Hana an email at email@example.com and I will do my best to help you. Please note, I am not an IT professional/internet know-it-all, but I will do what I can!
Q: WHY IS MY MANAGE MY MARKET ASKING ME QUESTIONS ABOUT A FARM?
Q: HOW DO I ADD PICTURES OF MY ART TO MY PROFILE?
Q: DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY APPLICATION EVERY MONTH?
Q: WHY WAS MY APPLICATION DECLINED?
1. Your application included one of our prohibited products. While we personally love bath products and fire breathers, unfortunately we can’t allow them during Art Walk.
2. Art Walk has too many artists with similar products to yours. We want to provide Art Walk patrons with a wide variety of art to shop from.
3. No photos of the art work or booth set-up was submitted. A website link does not count. Please submit 5 or more photos of artwork and 2 photos of your booth set up.
If your application was declined, never fear: Art Walk spans 15 city blocks, and includes 55+ Downtown businesses, all of which are run by super great people, and most of which are always looking for artists to display inside/outside their space. Find more info here: http://bit.ly/1hJSRLN.
Here is a list of other markets you can apply to: (link each to website)
Q: CAN YOU MATCH ME UP WITH A BUSINESS?
We aren’t supercomputers (yet), so the process of being matched up with a host venue is independent of DVI. We do cultivate a list of venues actively seeking artists for Art Walk, found here: http://bit.ly/1hJSRLN
Q: I’VE BEEN ACCEPTED, NOW WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY $35 A MONTH?
Unfortunately, The Beatles were a little wrong when they said, “all you need is love.” You also need electricity, security, website management, permits, janitorial services, etc., and none of these things are free (we checked). We work hard to ensure our price is comparable to other markets in the area.
Q: HOW DO I PAY MY ARTIST FEE?
- You will pay at the time of check-in using cash, check, debit/credit cards. Please no foreign currency, IOUs or bartering goods.
Q: WHERE DO I CHECK-IN/SET-UP?
- Check in is located under the red iloveartwalk.com tent at the corner of Monroe and Laura Street across from the Library.
- All artist will be given a booth location. Check-in with someone from staff to help you locate where to set up.
- DVI has the right to change set up locations.
- You may not set up or reserve a spot before 3 p.m.
Q: WHERE DO I UNLOAD?
- There will be “Unloading Zone” signs set up on Duval and Monroe St.
- Be prepared to park and walk a couple blocks with your items.
Q: WHERE DO I PARK?
There is free (yes, we said free) parking at the parking garage on Clay and Adams St. across from the Courthouse.
No need to scrap up change for a meter, parking is free after 6 p.m. and the Downtown Garage is free on Art Walk nights. A central location to park is at the Duval Street parking garage on the corner of Main and Duval streets near the Main Library.
Parking is not permitted along the sidewalks of Hemming Park and/or where otherwise marked "No Parking."
Parking in “No Parking” meters or illegally parking leaves you at risk of receiving a parking ticket.
You can also visit Downtown Vision’s interactive parking map here.
Q: WHERE DO I FIND ELECTRICITY?
There are several electrical outlets throughout the park and access is also on a first come, first served basis. DVI does not maintain the outlets and their working condition cannot be guaranteed. Artists requiring electricity must bring extension cords and duct tape. All cords must be taped down. Generators are not permitted. Battery operated lighting is recommended. Please report any broken outlets to DVI.