The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
has announced the following traffic patterns and tips
for the Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam
taking place Saturday, Feb. 23
, at EverBank Field.
| | General information:
- No parking will be allowed on Bay Street beginning at 9 a.m. The roadway will be two eastbound lanes and two westbound lanes.
- Taxi drop-off and pick-up is located at the North End of the EverBank Field, near Gate 3.
- Inbound traffic patterns pre-event do not restrict access to any Downtown/Sports complex venue.
- Starting at 3 p.m, Bay Street will have three lanes eastbound and one lane westbound.
- Signage will be posted in the Downtown area to direct event traffic to parking lot locations for parking.
pre-event drop-off location will be on Georgia Street (between Adams
Street and Duval Street). This is the same location for post-event
- Starting at approximately 9 p.m., Gator Bowl Boulevard at Festival Way (WJCT) will be one-way northbound.
- Starting at approximately 9 p.m., Bay Street/Gator Bowl Boulevard starting at the Lot J exit will be one-way westbound.
- There will be one-way traffic patterns away from the complex post-event for 45 minutes to one hour.
- If you are planning to pick up passengers post-event:
- Park on Georgia Street before 9 p.m. at the designated pick-up
location. This location is directly behind the Baseball Grounds on
Georgia Street between Adams Street and Duval Street.
- If you
cannot arrive before 9 p.m., the only pick-up location available will
be at Adams Street and A. Phillip Randolph Boulevard beside the small
garage next to the Arena.
- A "last resort" option is to
coordinate passenger pick-up and wait approximately one hour post-event
when the traffic patterns return to normal.
| | Monster Truck Jam:
- Monster Truck
attendees are encouraged to pick-up their tickets from the Jacksonville
Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office prior to Saturday, Feb. 23.
- Arrive early - JSO recommends three hours early. Traffic is expected to be slow. (Tailgating, anyone?)
- Remember to bring cash to pay for parking. Prices will vary depending on the lot: Stadium Parking Lot Map
and Monroe Streets are underutilized; if you are parking on the west
side of the stadium, these streets will get you to the parking garages
and all the lots on the west side of the stadium.
- No streets
will be closed in the Sports Complex Area before the start of the
Monster Truck Jam. Sign boards will direct drivers into the appropriate
lanes for designated lots.
- Fans should cross the bridge into
Downtown that is closest to their parking space, not the bridge most
convenient to their origination point.
Individuals entering the Downtown area from I-10 East/I-95 North are reminded to be in the far right lane.
Persons attending the Celtic Crossroads
event at the Florida Theatre, the Jax Jam Volleyball Tournament
at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, and the Jacksonville Symphony Youth Orchestra concert
or In the Mood
at the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts are encouraged to use
exit 352A/Forest Street (North) or the Convention Center exit 353A
Fans attending the Monster Truck Jam are asked to exit on either
Forsyth Street, Union Street or Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive. Please
refer to the maps below for more information:
- Please refer to the variable message boards for specific instructions on parking, not your navigation systems.
| || |
|Downtown Information |
Hang out Downtown after the Monster Truck Jam! Enjoy the Downtown nightlife
scene and grab a drink at one of more than 20 bars
in the urban core.
Remember, metered street parking and parking in the former County Courthouse lot (just off Bay Street) are free on weekends.