With the First Wednesday Art Walk’s 11th birthday coming up Nov. 5, we wanted to do something pretty big. By “big” we mean bringing out the entire Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra to Hemming Park for two free shows.
If that’s not enough of a reason to join us for the “Musical Masquerade” Art Walk, here are a few other reasons why you should join us Wednesday:
1. It is a night to feel fancy and elegant for free.
Hang out with the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra while they perform two free shows in Hemming Park at 6:30 and 8 p.m., as well as performances curated by Any Given Child.
2. If Halloween wasn’t enough, you get another chance to dress up as someone else.
The theme for this Art Walk is “Musical Masquerade.” You’ll get a chance to decorate your own mask and masquerade through all the fun happening Downtown that night.
3. Did we mention there will be beer AND wine?
Do we have to explain this?
4. You can give thanks this season to your furry friends, too.
The Jacksonville Landing features a “Yappy Hour Dogsgiving” with a dog trot. Plus, enjoy some pre-Thanksgiving competition with a stuff-the-turkey and eating contests.
5. Check out the Cultural Fusion Row on Laura Street.
Stroll through the Cultural Fusion Row, and learn about the cultural venues Jacksonville has to offer. More than 15 venues will set up on Laura Street, so be sure not to miss it.
6. So many venues to see, so little time.
There will be more than 55 venues participating in Art Walk this month. Be sure to stop by and see what’s planned at each venue.
7. Wednesday night will also be proclaimed Arts and Culture Day.
There will be a mayoral proclamation announcing Nov. 5 as “Arts and Culture Day” by Any Given Child.
Well, there you have it. Some pretty great reasons to attend November’s Art Walk this Wednesday from 5 – 9 p.m. For more information about this and future Art Walks, visit iloveartwalk.com.