Earlier this month, new sidewalks reopened flanking a model for adaptive reuse and a catalyst for future Downtown development.
The building rising above the sidewalks – the newly renovated Jessie Ball duPont Center in the former Haydon Burns Library – is expected to open very soon as an office building for more than a dozen nonprofit organizations, with several tenants already moving in. This equates to about 250 Downtown employees working in the building by the end of 2015.
The Jessie Ball duPont Center is one of more than 50 projects proposed, under construction or recently completed Downtown. Each project is outlined in DVI’s recently released “Q1 Development Update.” Projects completed in Q1 include:
- Southbank Riverwalk
- State Attorney’s Office at 331 W. Monroe St.
- Urban Grind Coffee Co. shop at 45 W. Bay St.
- Anytime Fitness at 100 N. Laura St.
- Wine Decadence office at 31 W. Adams St.
- Jimmy John’s at 201 N. Laura St.
- Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville/Community First Park soccer-pitch conversions
“A lot of people know about a project here and a project here,” said Katherine Hardwick, DVI’s marketing director. “It’s when people see all of the project updates presented together that they get really excited. The stars are aligning for Downtown.”
Stay tuned for the “Q2 Development Update” near the end of June. Here’s a sample of projects we expect will wrap in the second quarter, also featured in the report above:
- Super Food and Brew
- 220 Riverside
- The Brooklyn Riverside
- New Brooklyn Station on Riverside tenants
- Unity Plaza
- Beaver Street Villas
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier shop
Looking for even more information on Downtown developments? Email email@example.com.