How many people visit Downtown Jacksonville each year? How long is the Riverwalk? How many Downtown Ambassadors do we have?
Keeping Downtown Jacksonville safe, clean, friendly and lively is our goal at Downtown Vision. We thought it would be fun to share some of the numbers of Downtown’s people, places and events.
Downtown by the numbers
- There are 15 Downtown Ambassadors who work to keep the city clean and safe, and the visitors happy seven days a week
- Each year, the Downtown Ambassadors mulch more than 500 tree beds
- DVI maintains 65 flower baskets, which line the streets of Downtown
- Now in its eight year, the First Wednesday Art Walk, DVI’s signature event, brings more than 6,000 people to the core of Downtown each month
- Eat Up Downtown, a two-week dining promotion, brings thousands of diners to Downtown Jacksonville—approximately 24,000 alone in 2012
- Movies in the Park, held on Downtown’s Southbank, draws approximately 3,000 people each year since 2008
- There are now more than 24 bars in the core, providing a great locale for after work drinks
- There are more than ten major cultural and entertainment venues Downtown, from theatres to museums to stadiums and more.
- Downtown Jacksonville is now home to 3,200 residents
- Downtown Jacksonville boasts 1,100 businesses with three Fortune 500 headquarters, more than 52,000 employees
- The famed Riverwalk is 2.77 miles long
- There are 2,153 hotel rooms in Downtown Jacksonville
- In total, more than 10 million people visit Downtown Jacksonville each year.