The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Friends of Hemming Park Quarterly Community Meeting
Friend of Hemming Park will provide updates on upcoming park plans, the City’s performance standards and planned events for the remainder of 2018. To attend, please RSVP your attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 274-6330.
For the past five years, the City’s Keep Jacksonville Beautiful Commission has partnered with the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville to cleanup public rights-of way in downtown Jacksonville. Learn more here.
Neighborhood & Community Summit 2018
- Learning by Example Downtown
- Downtown Thumbs: Hispanic Culture Film Festival Coming to Downtown
- JTA CEO predicts DOT budget increase will benefit the city
- Sleiman sees more redevelopment for The Landing
- A Bike Lane For Downtown’s Hogan Street?
- Barnett gets final build-out approval
- Cafe coming to City Hall
- City is seeking upgrades for Downtown sports venues
- Downtown on the verge of a hotel boom
- $26.4 million deal for The District
- Balanky plans Southbank tower with gondolas across St. Johns
- DDRB to examine Lofts at Jefferson Station apartments, new sign for Greyhound
- Downtown Hyatt adding 3 restaurants
New businesses in #DTJax:
FSCJ’s 20West Cafe
20 W. Adams St.
The Justice Pub
315 E. Bay St.
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtowner of the Year: Mark Nusbaum and Frank Denton
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Ambassador of the Year: Willie Browner
- Sunset Cruises with the St. Johns River Taxi
- The Dog Side of #DTJax
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 State of Downtown Report
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.