The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: School of Rock at Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, April 20.
- Leading Black Masons & Eastern Stars at The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Runs through Monday, April 22.
- Tuesday Produce Market with Berry Good Farms at Hemming Park
- Great Chefs of Jacksonville IX at The Lexington Hotel
- Third Thursday Tour: Micro-Macro by Andrew Sendor and Ali Banisadr at MOCA Jacksonville
- Ain’t No Grave, a Bold City Church Celebration at The Florida Theatre
- Jacksonville Passion Play at First Baptist Church. Runs through Monday, April 22.
- Planetarium Night Live: The Cosmic Web at MOSH
- Small Mouth Sounds at The 5 & Dime Theatre. Runs through Sunday, May 5.
- Annual Poetry Slam at Jacksonville Main Library
- Artist @ Work: Sharla Valeski at Jacksonville Main Library
- A-Train Live! The Experience featuring Rod-Z at WJCT Studios
- Jax Poetry Fest: Writing Poetry for Children at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jax Poetry Fest: Finding your readers – how to market and distribute your poetry at MOCA Jacksonville
- Prazing in the Park at Hemming Park
- Marshmallow Madness Class at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- Bartender’s Brawl: Tournament of Champions at The Volstead
- Billy Buchanan’s Sock Hop Dance at Friday Musicale
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- The Negroni Mixoff at MLG Jax
- SoundCloud Sessions at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Downtown Wine Down at Cowford Chophouse
- KRS-One at 1904 Music Hall
- Latin House vs. EDM at Myth Nightclub
- Polish Off Child Abuse Fundraiser at Manifest Distilling
- Speed Dating at Intuition Ale Works
- Whiskey Wednesday at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub
- Win Win Networking at Breezy Jazz Club
- Markeyta Williams live at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Winedown Thursday at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- The Closet Jax Dance Party at The Justice Pub
- The Snacks at The Volstead
- We The Plug Presents: Beat the Clock at Myth Nightclub
- AXIOM – Portraits of Tomorrow CD Release at 1904 Music Hall
- Collective Con After Party at Myth Nightclub
- Strangelove – The Depeche Mode Experience at Mavericks Live
- Boosie x Webbie at Mavericks Live
- Rise to Slaughter at 1904 Music Hall
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Birmingham Barons at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Friday, April 19.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Icemen ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. Runs through Saturday, April 20.
- The best place to live in Florida: U.S. News ranks Top 125 cities in the country
- Hundreds take part in first mile walk of Emerald Trail
- Plan to redevelop Berkman II property with an amusement park withdrawn
- Jaguars remain committed to Lot J development near stadium
- Friday Editorial: Riverwalk upgrades deserve applause
- 5 Jacksonville food trucks opening brick-and-mortar stores
- Legislation aims to overhaul design standards to make Downtown more uniform
- Changes on the horizon: What’s ahead for Downtown
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp keeping an eye on redevelopment
- Downtown ‘rest stop’ for homeless can aid transient population in historic neighborhoods
- Jacksonville’s Emerald Trail Planners Recruiting For Project Manager
- The Jaxson: Is A Dog Park The Right Move For Downtown?
- JTA receives federal funding to complete final phase of First Coast Flyer bus program
- Jacksonville City Council approved $764,283 for funding of Cure Violence Program
Downtown Vision Updates:
Join DVI for the Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting!
When: Tuesday, April 23, 8:30 a.m.
Where: Ed Ball Building, First Floor Training Room (across from The Brick Coffee House)
For more information and to RSVP, email Eric Miller, VP of District Services.
A Journey Through Jacksonville at #ArtWalkJax!
There’s only two weeks until May’s Art Walk: A Journey Through Jacksonville featuring the first ever Folk It Up Music Festival featuring four stages and live performances by local musicians.
Plus, don’t forget about the local artists, 35+ participating venues and 15+ block of programing in #DTJax. Details.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: