The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Hope at Hand Poetry Workshop at Jacksonville Main Library
- Shen Yun at Times-Union Center. Runs through Thursday, April 25.
- 40 Under 40 Awards at Hyatt Regency
- An Evening with David Sedaris at Times-Union Center
- Food of Love by Kelby Siddons at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jax Poetry Fest: Sonnets to the Self at MOCA Jacksonville
- MOSH After Dark Presents Jazz in Jax: A Tale of Musical Milestones
- One Night of Queen at The Florida Theatre
- 15th Annual Spring for the Arts at The River Club
- Figure Fridays at MOCA Jacksonville
- George Lopez: The Wall at The Florida Theatre
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Mozart’s Jupiter at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, April 28.
- Small Mouth Sounds at The 5 & Dime Theatre. Runs through Sunday, May 5.
- Dream Theater at Times-Union Center
- Fair Housing Symposium at Jacksonville Main Library
- Jax Poetry Fest with Al Letson at Hemming Park
- Jax Poetry Fest Closing Activities at MOCA Jacksonville
- MOSH Presents: Making Modern Florida at Jacksonville Main Library
- National Dance Week 2019 at Hemming Park. Runs through Sunday, April 28.
- Riverside Avondale Preservation Annual Home Tour. Runs through Sunday, April 28.
- SWAG Awards at The Florida Theatre
- Workshop Series: Introduction to relief printmaking at MOCA Jacksonville
- Marshmallow Madness Class at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- SoundCloud Sessions at Spliff’s Gastropub
- REGGAETON vs. Hip Hop at Myth Nightclub
- Stand Up/Open Mic Comedy at The Justice Pub
- Whiskey Wednesday at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub
- Chris Williams live at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Jazz Jam Sesh at The Justice Pub
- Max Frost at 1904 Music Hall
- NFL Draft Party at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub
- NFL Draft Party at Myth Nightclub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- The Groove Coalition at The Volstead
- Hip Hop & Hookah at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Old School R&B at Breezy Jazz Club
- TGIF with Beau and the Burners at Hemming Park
- We The Plug Presents: Throwback Hip Hop Night at Myth Nightclub
- Catch The Groove at Breezy Jazz Club
- The TreeHOUSE Presents: GASPO at Myth Nightclub
- Ward Davis at 1904 Music Hall
- The Drip Presents DREWLFACE at Myth Nightclub
- Sundress Sunday at Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Tennessee Smokies at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Monday, April 29.
- Barbershop owner bringing new business to Downtown Jacksonville
- Sunday letters: Views on the Times-Union and parking lessons Jacksonville can take from Richmond
- Jaguars moving forward with $500 million plan for Lot J
- Boyer says she’s interviewed for Downtown Investment Authority CEO job
- The Jaxson: JEA Move Should Help Make Adams Street More Vibrant
- Jaguars announce full 2019 schedule
- Third extension pending for Liberty Street/Coastline Drive reconstruction
- Wawa ‘Keying In On’ Downtown Location; 25 to 30 More Area Locations Planned
- Stronger Than Stigma to take over Laura Street pop-up shop in May
- The best place to live in Florida: U.S. News ranks Top 125 cities in the country
Downtown Vision Updates:
Thank you for attending the Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting!
Thanks to Joy Young, the new Executive Director of the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, and Glenn Weiss, Director of the Public Art Program for speaking to #DTJax stakeholders at our April Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting today.
A Journey Through Jacksonville at #ArtWalkJax!
There’s only ONE WEEK until May’s Art Walk: A Journey Through Jacksonville featuring the first ever Folk It Up Music Festival featuring four stages and live performances by local musicians.
Plus, don’t forget about the local artists, 35+ participating venues and 15+ block of programing in #DTJax. Details.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: