The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Leading Black Masons and Eastern Stars at The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Runs through Friday, May 10.
- Tuesday Produce Market with Berry Good Farms at Hemming Park
- First Wednesday Art Walk at Downtown Jacksonville
- ArtWalk Beer Garden with Hyperion Brewing Company at Hemming Park
- Closing Receptions for “Seasons” at The Art Center Cooperative
- Folk It Up Music Festival at Jacksonville Main Library
- Free Art Walk Movie: Venom at Jacksonville Main Library
- Living Room Grand Opening
- The Lyricist Live at Hollywood Cuts
- Mayo Clinic Community Concert Series at Art Walk
- Now & Then Exhibition: 10 Year Anniversary at Southlight Gallery
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents Purple Reign: The Prince Tribute Show at Times-Union Center
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: The Spouse Whisperer at Times-Union Center
- Puttin’ On The Ritz at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Rotary Club of Jacksonville Great Fire Festival at Times-Union Center
- Small Mouth Sounds at The 5 & Dime Theatre. Runs through Sunday, May 5.
- An Evening of Soul: Kem and Jeffrey Osborne at Times-Union Center
- Blackout Poetry at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Comic Con at Jacksonville Main Library
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: May The Fourth Be With You – Free community concert at Times-Union Center
- Boy Scouts Workshop at MOSH
- Camp-In at the Museum Presents: BUG OUT at MOSH
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- India Arie: The Worthy Tour at The Florida Theatre
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- Seaway, Free Throw, Heart Attack Man and Glazed at 1904 Music Hall
- Art Walk after Dark with Dialectable Beats and Mas Appeal at Spliff’s Gastropub
- ArtWalk Look Busy! Oysters and Rock N Roll at The Justice Pub
- Dave Matthews Band at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Full Moon Folk at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Fun Sick Phony at The Volstead
- Lord Huron at Mavericks Live
- Silent Disco (Black Light Edition) at Myth Nightclub
- Special Formula Band at De Real Ting Cafe
- Sweet at Folk at Folk It Up Music Festival at Hemming Park
- TAUK with The Groove Orient at 1904 Music Hall
- Whiskey Wednesday at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub
- DUVAL is For Lovers at 1904 Music Hall
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Welcome to Rockville Official Pre-Party at 1904 Music Hall
- The Cabaret Hour at The Justice Pub
- Gov’t Mule at The Florida Theatre
- Larkin Poe at 1904 Music Hall
- MercyMe at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Welcome to Rockville at Metropolitan Park. Runs through Sunday, May 5.
- We The Plug Presents: Beat The Clock at Myth Nightclub
- Bryan Adams: Shine A Light Tour at Daily’s Place
- Rock N Roll Karaoke at Dos Gatos
- Thy Art Is Murder, 187, In Shackles and Tree of Woe at 1904 Music Hall
- Tom Jones at The Florida Theatre
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Young leaders voice their greatest concerns in Jacksonville
- Downtown skyline could see VyStar signs this summer
- Study offers plan for the redevelopment of LaVilla neighborhood
- Mike Clark: We need Maxwell House to join the party in reviving Downtown
- Jacksonville Landing’s Architect Weights In On Its Past and Future
- Jacksonville Main Street accredited for 18th straight year
- Jacksonville: LaVilla could be on cusp of major comeback
- Not everyone agrees on next step for Jacksonville Landing
- Shipping container apartment community planned for Cathedral District
Downtown Vision Updates:
TOMORROW: A Journey Through Jacksonville at #ArtWalkJax!
Make your way Downtown for May’s Art Walk: A Journey Through Jacksonville featuring the Folk It Up music festival in Hemming Park & the Jax Makerspace in the Main Library, MOCA Jacksonville’s screening of “El Desencanto,” a performance by a Jacksonville Symphony ensemble from 6-7 p.m., and Southlight Gallery’s “Now & Then: Our 10 Year Journey Thru Downtown” art show.
NEW! Adam Street Eats: Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk! This month, visit Breezy Jazz Club, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues as well as the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Plus, don’t forget about the Vagabond Flea, local artists, 35+ participating venues and 15+ block of programing in #DTJax. Details.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park
Just in time for the summer fitness crunch, we’re partnering with the Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville to bring you FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge.
Starting on May 14, these certified personal trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountains on site.)
Congrats to our VP of Marketing – Kat Hardwick!
Kat was recently honored as a 40 Under 40 Awardee by Jacksonville Business Journal on Thursday, April 25.
Congratulations, Kat! We’re proud to have you in DVI’s corner and are grateful for the experience, passion and dedication you bring to Downtown Jacksonville every day.
Read the article by Jacksonville Business Journal here.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: