The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Every Single Artist Lounge at FSCJ Downtown Campus
- Leading Black Masons & Eastern Stars at The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Runs through Monday, April 15.
- Food of Love by Kelby Siddons at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jax Poetry Fest: Poetry, Power and Justice! at MOCA Jacksonville
- AIGA Presents: An Evening with Jesse Reed at MOCA Jacksonville
- Michael Carbonaro at Times-Union Center
- Noel Freidline & Friends Jazz Series at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Jax Poetry Fest: Harnessing the power of senses, spaces and objects at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jax Poetry Fest: How the light comes – the poetry of writing at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Picnic and Pops at Times-Union Center
- Music @ Main Intermezzo with Gary Smart at Jacksonville Main Library
- Marshmallow Madness Class at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Free Sing & Play Discovery Class at Jacksonville Children’s Chorus
- MOCA Family Day
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Spring 2019 Girl Scouts Workshops at MOSH
- Spring Fest at Hemming Park
Live Music & Nightlife
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Intervals, Veil of Maya, Strawberry Girls and more at 1904 Music Hall
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- Boz Scaggs at The Florida Theatre
- Stand Up/Open Mic Comedy at The Justice Pub
- Tipsy Wednesdays at Myth Nightclub
- Author JoeMac Live at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Duval Gems at 1904 Music Hall
- TechNoir Synthwave Dance Night at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- The Bright Light Social Hour at 1904 Music Hall
- Dennis DeYoung at The Florida Theatre
- Dream Coast Tour at The Justice Pub
- KISS: End of the Road Tour at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Max Motif at River City Brewing Company
- We The Plug Presents: EMOWORLD at Myth Nightclub
- Elle King at Mavericks Live
- Justice Pub’s 1st Annual Birthday Sidewalk Seafood Boil
- Kenny Chesney: Song for the Saints Tour at Daily’s Place
- Memphis May Fire at 1904 Music Hall
- Nerd Trivia Night at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Old School R&B Music Live at Breezy Jazz Club
- Portrait Mode Vol. 3 at Myth Nightclub
- Atreyu with Heirless & Drowning Above Water at 1904 Music Hall
- Metatone Presents: Ardalan at Myth Nightclub
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Emerald Trail First Mile Walk at Prime Osborn Convention Center
- Jacksonville Sharks vs. New York Streets at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Birmingham Barons at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Monday, April 19.
- North Florida Land Trust Moves Into LaVilla’s Historic Brewster Hospital
- Guest Column: Our city can learn from Charleston
- City seeks $8 million from Legislation for downtown housing
- Vintage Photos: Jacobs Jewelers clock
- Vestcor pushing into Brooklyn for apartment project
- Vintage Photos: Jacksonville’s Brewster Hospital
- Jacksonville: Special Olympic athletes take part in 2019 Law Enforcement Torch Run
- Why Corporate Incentives Matter for The Jacksonville Landing
- Ticket Tracker: Celine Dion announces Jacksonville show
- Auditions set for 2019 ‘Oh Say Can You Sing’ contest
- Long-vacant Brewster Hospital building is back online
- The Jaxson: People Downtown Want The Landing Reused, Not Torn Down
- Jax Poetry Fest Celebrates National Poetry Month in Downtown JAX for the 4th Year
- JEA chooses new headquarters location
Downtown Vision Updates:
Thanks for celebrating Poetry Month at Art Walk!
Thanks to everyone that came Downtown for #ArtWalkJax!
Check out next month’s Art Walk: A Journey Through Jacksonville on May 1 featuring the first ever Folk It Up Music Festival featuring four stages and live performances by local musicians. Plus, don’t forget about the local artists, 35+ participating venues and 15+ block of programing in #DTJax. Details.
Join DVI for the Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting!
When: Tuesday, April 23, 8:30 a.m.
Where: Ed Ball Building, First Floor Training Room (across from The Brick Coffee House)
For more information and to RSVP, email Eric Miller, VP of District Services.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: