The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
Wednesday, August 8
Thursday, August 9
Friday, August 10
Saturday, August 11
Sunday, August 12
- Back to School Half-off Admission at MOSH. Runs through Sunday, August 12.
- Sweet Pete’s Candy Bar My Way Factory Tour. Runs through Monday, August 13.
Live Music & Nightlife
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Mississippi Braves at the Baseball Grounds. Runs through Sunday, August 12.
- Sanctuary Yoga at St. John’s Lutheran Church
- Wacky Wednesday $10 Drop In at Dance Trance
- 5K Stadium Challenge at TIAA Bank Field
- Critical Fit LIVE at MOSH
- Morning Yoga at Riverside Arts Market
- Jax budgets millions for Prime Osborne needs, while debating new convention center
- Shad Khan’s Iguana Investments submits shipyards plans to Jacksonville Downtown Investment Authority
- New details on VyStar Credit Union’s relocation Downtown
- Three proposals submitted for new Jacksonville Convention Center
- New AC unit placed on historic downtown Jacksonville building
- VyStar Pays $59 Million For Downtown Jacksonville Suntrust Tower
- Transwestern Arranges $24.5M Sale of Office Tower in Downtown Jacksonville
- Downtown Development Reaches Tipping Point With Explosive July
- JEA releases list of options being considered for new Downtown campus
- Ash Properties closes on BB&T Tower for $24.47 million
- The State Of Downtown; WOWsdom!; The River Comes Of Age; Kerry Speckman
- Report: 2017 Saw More Than $3.5 Billion Worth Of Downtown Jacksonville Projects
- State of Downtown Report Released
- New report offers glowing take on state of Downtown
- Report: Surge in growth downtown, demand for living high
- More investments downtown attracting jobs
- Newly Released 2017 State of Downtown Report Finds Recent Projects are Turning Jacksonville’s ‘Potential’ into ‘Action’
- State of Downtown report: High residential demand, slight uptick for office real estate
New businesses in #DTJax:
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
225 E. Coastline Dr.
SHOR Tavern, Hyatt Regency
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- A Day in the Life: Interning at Downtown Vision
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Summertime BBQ Favorites in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.