The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Adamec Bike Night at the Jacksonville Landing
- AIGA Jacksonville’s Toy Show at Intuition Ale Works
- Corners Show Closing at The Art Center Cooperative
- Holiday Pop Up Market at MOCA Jacksonville. Runs through Thursday, Dec. 20.
- Kenny G at The Florida Theatre.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Veterans Memorial Arena
- A Soulful “Noel” at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Book Signing, Meet and Greet with Colin Wright at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: First Coast Nutcracker at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, Dec. 16.
- Lemoncurd at WJCT Studios
- Question of the Week at Breezy Jazz Club
Tuesday, December 11
Wednesday, December 12
Friday, December 14
Saturday, December 15
Sunday, December 16
Monday, December 17
Live Music & Nightlife
- AFROBEAT and DUVAL at De Real Ting Cafe
- A Not So Silent Night at the Jacksonville Landing
- Ball-N-Brawl at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Chad O’Quinn Tribute Show at 1904 Music Hall
- Dexter Jones at The Volstead
- Duval Folx Dance Party at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Elevate by Mike Shea at Myth Nightclub
- The Groove Coalition at the Jacksonville Landing
- Jax DnB at The Justice Pub
- MJbaker EP Release Party at The Manhattan Sports Bar and Lounge
- Sunshine & Bullets at Mavericks Live
- MOBA Monday at GLHF Game Bar
- Monday Night Funk Jam at 1904 Music Hall
- Cocktail Workshop at The Volstead
- Rock N Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall at Dos Gatos
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Curling Night at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Shag Dance Lessons at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- 7 restaurants, bars coming to Downtown Jacksonville
- A taste of the new MLG restaurant in Downtown Jacksonville
- Hart Bridge: Federal funding secured for Hart Bridge ramp removal
- Downtown Ruth’s Chris to complete renovations by June
- The Jaxson: Why An Art Deco Building Set For Demolition Deserves To Be Saved
- Mayor’s office hopes to soon move jail away from Downtown
- Plan to renovate Downtown Ambassador Hotel advances
- JTA launches bus lines, micro-transit options
- 10-story mixed-use Brooklyn development approved
- Orlando group expands Downtown Jacksonville speakeasy plan to include arcade, entertainment venue
- City Council poised to approve $2 million for new visitor center
- Downtown Thumbs: Thriving cities have vibrant downtowns, authors say
- City approves permits for former annex, courthouse demolition
- The Cawton Report: Boyer working to streamline Downtown zoning rules
- Rapid, scalable connectivity comes to downtown
- 10 Best Big Cities to Live in Right Now
New businesses in #DTJax:
150 Riverside Ave. #307
211 N. Laura St.
Now Open! (through the holidays)
400 N. Hogan St.
223 N. Hogan St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
345 E. Bay St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
225 E. Coastline Dr.
112 W. Adams St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- 7 Hidden #DTJax Hotel Restaurants
- #DTJax Holiday Events 2018
- #DTJaxSalutes Veteran Ambassadors
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio