Instagram of the Week
Use the hashtag #DTJax for a chance to be featured.
Throughout the Hanukkah holiday, the Jacksonville Transportation Authority will have the Acosta Bridge lights shining blue and white, in celebration of the Festival of Lights!
Pedal Pub Holiday Tours
Mayday Ice Cream Opens in Brooklyn
Jumpin’ Jax Offers Christmas Eve Dinner
On Christmas Eve, pick up delicious turkey, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, gravy and corn bread. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Learn more.
Happy Holidays in #DTJax
Our magical holiday season celebration in #DTJax is in full swing! Join us for events and activities for all ages from December 14-18, 2020, including a Merry and Bright Movie Night and Dashing Through Downtown QR Code Scavenger Hunt. Learn more.
From December 14-18, 2020, we will be hosting a QR code hunt. Beginning Monday, December 14, players can enter a join code in the Eventzee App and participate in the week-long Dashing Through Downtown QR Code Scavenger Hunt at local businesses to win prizes while they shop and support local for the holidays.
How to Play:
- Download the Eventzee App
- Create an account
- Enter join code: DashingDTJAX
- Scan 10 or more codes at participating businesses.The first 200 players to scan 10 QR codes will win a $20 #DTJax e-Gift Card from Downtown Vision.
- All players who scan at least 10 QR Codes will be entered into a drawing to receive prizes from Downtown businesses. Players can receive additional drawing entries when they participate in photo challenges in the Eventzee app.
- Prizes include: a Wolf & Cub gift basket, two Jacksonville Symphony tickets and two Go Tuk’n tour passes.
- Every player to scan all QR Codes and complete all challenges will be entered to win the grand prize, which includes a two-night stay at the Southbank Hotel, two tickets for a Sunset Cruise with the St. Johns River Taxi passes and a $50 bb’s gift card.
Each year Downtown Vision, in partnership with the Downtown Investment Authority, evaluates the state of Downtown Jacksonville and collects data on how to improve the Downtown experience.
If you live or work in #DTJax we want to hear from you! Please only take the survey if you live or work within the Northbank, Southbank, Brooklyn/Riverside Avenue, LaVilla or the Sports and Entertainment District.
Complete our survey and be entered to win a $100 #DTJax e-Gift Card. Two winners will be chosen and contacted by the email address provided.
The Perfect Holiday Gift Awaits
Looking for a gift for everyone on your list? Check out the #DTJax e-Gift Card – good at 30 of your favorite #DTJax businesses and counting! Purchase for friends, family or colleagues and invite them to enjoy the best in Downtown dining, shopping and entertainment.
These digital gift cards can be purchased at dtjaxegiftcard.com, anytime, anywhere and for any amount between $5 and $250. They can be used multiple times at multiple participating locations and the balance is always available on your smartphone.
Upcoming #DTJax Events
Join James Weldon Johnson Park, Gili’s Kitchen Catering and Bakery and Jacksonville Jewish Center for our annual celebration of Hanukkah on December 15 from 5 pm to 6 pm featuring music, dreidel games and storytelling.
Jacksonville’s favorite musical holiday tradition has been reimagined! Join the Jacksonville Symphony, guest singers and Douglas Anderson dancers for a festive celebration that is sure to put you in the holiday spirit. So ‘let it snow’ in Jacoby Symphony Hall for the most wonderful concert of the year!
Studio Practice: Alex Whitney (Virtual)
December 19 @ 12 p.m.
In this workshop, virtual guests will enjoy a lecture discussing color in art, covering the work of master painters of the recent past, and will participate in drawing or painting a still life.
Visit our blog!
Stay up to date with what’s going on Downtown and learn more about what makes #DTJax an incredible place to live, work, visit and invest!