The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Photo by @babeswhohustle
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: Les Misérables at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Reflections: Art Exhibition at The Art Center Cooperative. Runs through Friday, Feb. 8
- A-Train Live! Featuring Vince Taylor
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Don Giovanni at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Actors Collective Presents: Photograph 51 at MOSH. Runs through Saturday, Jan. 26.
Saturday, January 26
Tuesday, January 22
Wednesday, January 23
Friday, January, 25
Saturday, January 26
Live Music & Nightlife
- A Night with Ben Davis at Intuition Ale Works
- Anton Laplum at River City Brewing Company
- Dark Shadows at The Justice Pub
- Holly Landrum & Jacqui Yulee at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Manic Focus with Artifakts at 1904 Music Hall
- Network and Chill Jax at Myth Nightclub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Birthday BASH at Mavericks Live
- Bluesdogs66 at Jacksonville Landing
- Drive-By Truckers and Lucinda Williams at The Florida Theatre
- Janet Gardner of Vixen at 1904 Music Hall
- Jesse Montoya at Bold City Downtown
- Rot In Coffins, Cursed Birth, STD and more at The Justice Pub
- TGIF with Beau and the Burners at Hemming Park
- Cashore Marionettes at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- The Drip Presents: KHIVA at Myth Nightclub
- I See Stars at 1904 Music Hall
- Karaoke Sundays at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Laugh Lounge Presents: Eddie Brill at Dos Gatos
- Sara Evans at The Florida Theatre
- Soulful Sundays with Mama Blue at Jacksonville Landing
- Swing Dance Sundays at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs through Thursday, Apr. 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Dance Meet Up at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Winter Yoga at Hemming Park. Runs through Sunday, Feb. 24.
Friends of Hemming Park: Quarterly Community Meeting
Join Friends of Hemming Park for a Quarterly Meeting to hear a year-in-review and a look ahead at plans for the park and scheduled events for the upcoming year.
When: Thursday, January 31, 5-6:30 p.m.
Where: Friends of Hemming Park Office, Main Library (1st Floor), 303 N. Laura St.
Complete a short survey prior to the meeting for a chance to win a $50 gift card! Details.
City Council Meeting
Join the City of Jacksonville for a City Council Meeting. Details.
When: Tuesday, January 22, 5 p.m.
Where: City Council Chamber, City Hall, 117 W. Duval St.
- Jacksonville honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Civil rights movement part of old Jacksonville City Hall history
- More than 200 participate in Jacksonville’s Women’s March
- Laying groundwork for Downtown Jacksonville’s future
- The Florida Times-Union approved to move Downtown
- Jacksonville transportation hub project moving along
- The Cawton Report: Boyer says she’s interested in DIA CEO job; Scott, DeSantis sworn in
- International leaders say what it takes to sell Jacksonville
- Business Brief: JEA Receives 6 Bids To Build Utility’s Next Headquarters
- The Mathis Report: SunTrust’s Downtown build-out tops $1 million
- This week in restaurant news: new Jumpin’ Jax location, more downtown sweets
- Look Ahead: With new chief exec, Visit Jax eyes growth
- VyStar’s Downtown Jacksonville Signs Move Closer To Approval
- The Jackson: Jacksonville Could Get Train Route To Other Florida Cities
- MLG a reason to visit downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville #4 on Forbes’ Where The Jobs Will Be In 2019 list
New businesses in #DTJax:
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Breakfast: 20West Housing and Café, Downtown Project of the Year
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: David Vasquez
- 2018 #DTJax Awards: Michael Ryan, Downtown Ambassador of the Year
- 7 Hidden #DTJax Hotel Restaurants
- #DTJaxSalutes Veteran Ambassadors
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio