Instagram of the Week
We love this photo of CJ Rench’s sculpture captured by a rad photographer: @jax_black_white 📸
Tag your Downtown photo #DTJax for a chance to be featured.
Ten Things To Do Downtown This Week:
Bartenders Brawl: Tournament of Champions
1/28 @ The Volstead
Pasta and Wine Immersion Dinner
1/29 @ Bellwether
MOSH After Dark presents Bacardi “Do What Moves You” Workshop
1/30 @ MOSH
1/30 @ Times-Union Center
Barnett Bank Building Talk & Tour
1/30 @ Barnett Building
The Growing Trend of Caregivers in the Workplace
1/30 @ The River Club
1/31 @ FSCJ Downtown
Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Tchaikovsky’s Sixth Symphony
1/30-2/1 @ Times-Union Center
Kansas: Point of Know Return Tour
2/1 @ The Florida Theatre
2/2 @ Kanine Social
Future Event Highlights
- Ginny Myrick sees ‘vibrant future’ for Cathedral District
- 121 Financial Acquires Naming Rights to Jumbo Shrimps’ Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville
- Nat Ford talks JTA’s role in Jacksonville growth
- The plan to spur Downtown dining includes incentives for restaurants
- With leasing successes, Vestcor seeks more projects downtown
- DIA starts to define downtown parking vision
- Plan to dock USS Orleck in Downtown Jacksonville going before DIA
- Jacksonville Icemen to host 2021 ECHL All-Star game
- VyStar plan advancing to buy city land for Downtown parking garage
- Creating a vision of Downtown at the end of the new decade
Updates From Downtown Vision
A warm welcome to our new Director of Experience, Eduardo Santos. Before joining the Downtown Vision team he was the Community Engagement Manager at the Museum of Science & History. Eduardo works to engage all DTJax residents and stakeholders to make downtown a more vibrant community by applying best practices in placemaking and public space activation.
Each year Downtown Vision evaluates the state of Downtown Jacksonville and collects data on how to improve the Downtown experience.
If you live or work in #DTJax we want to hear from you! Please only take the survey if you live or work within the Northbank, Southbank, Brooklyn/Riverside Avenue, LaVilla or the Stadium District.
Complete our survey and be entered to win a $100 gift certificate to the Downtown restaurant or retailer of your choice. Two winners will be chosen and contacted by the email address provided.