The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- First Wednesday Art Walk at Downtown Jacksonville
- ArtWalk Beer Garden with Tabula Rasa at Hemming Park
- FindYourFolio Happy Hour at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Great American Poetry Crawl at Southlight Gallery
- Summer Cypher Series Album Release Party at Hollywood Cuts
- Whimsy Salon & Boutique Grand Opening. Runs through July 5.
- City of Jacksonville Presents: 4th of July Fireworks at Downtown Riverwalk
- 4th of July Celebration at Riverside Arts Market
- 4th of July Fireworks on the River at Eight Forty One Prudential
- 4th of July River Deck Celebration at Hyatt Regency Riverfront
- The Centre Cannot Hold at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company.Runs through Saturday, July 6.
- Cosmic Concert at MOSH
- Bridge Eight Poetry Workshop at MOCA Jacksonville
- Murder Mystery Dinner Detective Show at The Omni Hotel
- Art Fusion at Art Walk at MOCA Jacksonville
- FREE Scoop of Gelato at Peterbrooke Chocolatier
- Free Summer Movie: Captive State at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Toddler Time: Pete the Cat at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- Art Walk After Dark Dance Party at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Full Moon Folk at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- The Last Sons at The Justice Pub
- Silent Disco (Independence) Art Walk After Dark at Myth Nightclub
- DUVAL is For Lovers at 1904 Music Hall
- Fourth of July BBQ Day Party at The Manhattan Sports Bar and Lounge
- Fourth of July Seafood Boil at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- The Cabaret Hour at The Justice Pub
- Full Moon Folk at Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown
- Hip Hop & Hookah at Spliff’s Gastropub
- We The Plug Presents: Still Independent Ladies Night at Myth Nightclub
- Catch Groove at Breezy Jazz Club
- Ego Killer The Justice Pub
- Laugh Lounge at Dos Gatos
- Nerd Trivia Night: Mel Brooks Tribute at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- The Road To Europe at Myth Nightclub
- Rob Thomas at Daily’s Place
- Brush Strokes: A Paint Night at Myth Nightclub
- SINDEN at Myth Nightclub
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Free Workout Class at Corkscrew Park
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Chattanooga Lookouts at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Wednesday, July 3.
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry, Sheriff Mike Williams sworn in for second term
- Cathedral District art gallery, multifamily housing project receives conceptual DDRB approval
- Exclusive: Navy vets find new warship for proposed Jacksonville museum after losing USS Adams
- $1.5 million LaVilla project wins Downtown Development Review Board approval
- Ferber Announces Tenant Line-Up at Retail Development in Jacksonville
- Path cleared for new Downtown headquarters, but JEA can still opt out
- A Look Back: Waterspout on the St. Johns River
- Where to watch fireworks in Jacksonville, surrounding areas
- $5.6 million multifamily and art gallery project proposed for Downtown Cathedral District
- New food truck brings quick, fresh, healthy Mediterranean options to Downtown Jacksonville
Downtown Vision Updates:
Celebrate Independence Day at July’s Art Walk!
Party like a patriot and join us at the July 3rd Art Walk: Red, White and Blues.
Enjoy live music, local art and 30+ participating venues this month! Plus, show your patriotism and grab a free USA flag from the red Art Walk tent, while supplies last.
Main Stage @ Hemming Park:
Stop by the Main Stage to enjoy a blues performance by Vibe RW from 5-6:30 p.m. and stick around to catch the talented Groove Coalition from 6:45-9 p.m.
Kid Zone on Adam Street:
Bring the kids to Adams St. to enjoy bounce houses, activities by MyGym, jump-roping by Jump 4 Jax, magic tricks and more!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Food Truck Valley:
Grab a bite from Balu’s Surf Shack, Fusion, Hazelnut Grill Honey Dripper House, Rocco’s Pizzeria and Latin Soul Grill in the Food Truck Valley on Laura St.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge – presented by Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville.
These certified trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
New Opportunity at DVI!
Join the team at Downtown Vision as our next Experience Manager!
The position will focus on enhancing, beautifying and maintaining Downtown’s public realm, including reinforcing a “sense of place” in targeted areas via DVI’s Lively And Beautiful Sidewalks (LABS) initiative.
For a full description and how to apply, click here.
DVI is looking for fall interns.
If you’re a college student in your sophomore, junior or senior year of college, or a recent graduate looking for marketing and events experience, we want you! Learn more here.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: