The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- By the Water: An Exhibit by Alma Ramirez at Cathedral Arts Project. Runs though Friday, October 25.
- John Cusack and a screening of High Fidelity at The Florida Theatre
- Level 2 Stand-Up Comedy Class at Creative Veins
- MOSH After Dark presents: Buzz About Honey with Bee Friends Farm at MOSH
- Abandoned Jacksonville with David Bulit at Chamblin’s Uptown
- The Dinner Detective: Murder Mystery Show at The Omni
- Once On This Island Jr. at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Studio Practice Workshop Series: Mixed Media with Ron Episcopol at MOCA Jacksonville
- Wolf & Cub turns 3 Celebration
- Auditions: Suds & Shakespeare at Creative Veins
- Brian Regan at The Florida Theatre
- Summer Movie Classic Series: Speed at The Florida Theatre
- Jazz Summer Camp at Friday Musicale. Runs through Thursday, July 25.
- FREE Scoop of Gelato at Peterbrooke Chocolatier
- Free Summer Movie: First Men In The Moon at Jacksonville Main Library
- Camp-In at the Museum Presents Dozin’ with Dinos at MOSH
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- Military Appreciation Back to School Bash at Winston YMCA
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Cyn Santana: VH1 Takeover at Myth Nightclub
- GRB Presents: Nom∀dic & Left To Suffer and more at 1904 Music Hall
- Midmourner, Unearthly Child, Insalubrious, Brides at The Justice Pub
- RnBMostly at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Hip Hop & Hookah: Marley, Dorion James and Rashon Medlock at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Lunch in the Park with Serious Business at Hemming Park
- We The Plug Presents: FUNTCASE at Myth Nightclub
- Duval Folx 1 Year Anniversary at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Old School R&B at Breezy Jazz Club
- Prince Daddy & the Hyena, Retirement Party and more at 1904 Music Hall
- Prince Tribute with The Groove Coalition at The Justice Pub
- TreeHOUSE Presents: SUB-LO at Myth Nightclub
- Donovan Frankenreiter: The Record Player Tour at 1904 Music Hall
- Drip & Metatone Present: Toadface at Myth Nightclub
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Free Workout Class at Corkscrew Park
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Biloxi Shuckers at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Friday, July 26.
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Wednesday, July 31.
- Jacksonville Sharks vs. Orlando Predators at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Morning Yoga at Riverside Arts Market
- Holy guacamole! Jax Taco Fest 2019 coming to Hemming Park
- Musicians Raise More Than $20K For Jax Sound Engineer Waiting For 2 Organ Transplants
- Jacksonville nonprofit on a mission to revitalize the Cathedral District
- Chase Bank joining Downtown skyline
- Here’s how Rolling Stones transformed stadium for their No Filter Tour
- Market-rate rentals a growing option Downtown
- By the Water: Alma Ramirez Shows in the Heather Moore Gallery in Downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Icemen sold to LLC led by Jacksonville resident Andrew Kaufmann
Downtown Vision Updates:
Join our team as Events Manager or Experience Manager!
For a full description of both positions and how to apply, click here.
DVI is looking for fall interns.
If you’re a college student in your sophomore, junior or senior year of college, or a recent graduate looking for marketing and events experience, we want you! Learn more here.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge – presented by Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville.
These certified trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
Back to School SmARTs at #ArtWalkJax!
Check out next month’s Art Walk: Back to School SmARTS on August 7 featuring live music, local art, fun activities and other festivities!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: