The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- By the Water: An Exhibit by Alma Ramirez at Cathedral Arts Project. Runs though Friday, October 25.
- Drink and Draw at MOCA Jacksonville
- Cosmic Concert at MOSH
- Iyanla Vanzant: Acts of Faith Remix Tour at The Florida Theatre
- SWEAT at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, August 18.
- Bright Eight Fiction Workshop at MOCA Jacksonville
- Dinner Detective Murder Mystery at The Omni Hotel
- LOL JAX Film Festival at MOSH. Runs through Sunday, August 4.
- Monster Jam: Triple Threat at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. Runs through Sunday, August 3.
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- Painting of the Pawprints with JAX Chamber
- Paw Patrol Live: Race to the Rescue at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, August 4.
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- DJ Swamp and DJ Shotgun at The Justice Pub
- DUVAL is for Lovers at 1904 Music Hall
- Luke Bryan: Sunset Repeat Tour at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Bigga Rankin Birthday Bash at De Real Ting Cafe
- Cabaret Hour at The Justice Pub
- Hip Hop & Hookah at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Issues with Young Ghosts, Puzzles To Pieces, Adversaries at 1904 Music Hall
- Shawn Layne solo acoustic show at Bold City Downtown
- We The Plug Presents: HEAT:30 at Myth Nightclub
- Why Don’t We at Daily’s Place
- Kaleta & Super Yamba Band with Nightcrawler at The Justice Pub
- Nerd Trivia Nights: Harry Potter at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Sanctuary Presents: Carlos Mendoza & Elias R. at Myth Nightclub
- Brush Strokes: A Paint Night at Myth Nightclub
- Dirty Heads & 311 at Daily’s Place
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Wednesday, July 31.
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Jaguars Training Camp at TIAA Bank Field. Runs through Thursday, August 1.
- Lunch Classes at Dance Trance
- “State of Downtown Jacksonville” Shows Populated Downtown is Within Reach
- VyStar Credit Union name goes up on its Downtown tower
- Beach Buggy brings its free ride service to San Marco
- Vintage Photos: Hart Bridge
- Downtown Vision, Inc. releases the 2018-2019 State of Downtown Report
- Report: Downtown Jacksonville sees growth in residents, visitors, offices
- First-ever Taco Fest is coming to Jacksonville!
Downtown Vision Updates:
Join our team as Events Manager or Experience Manager!
For a full description of both positions and how to apply, click here.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge – presented by Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville.
These certified trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
Back to School SmARTs at #ArtWalkJax NEXT WEEK!
Check out next week’s Art Walk: Back to School SmARTS on August 7 featuring live music, local art, fun activities and other festivities!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision:
NEW 2018-2019 State of Downtown Report Out NOW!
Each year, we track and analyze Downtown’s performance in key indicators of urban revitalization, such as development, employment and residential. As Downtown grows, so does its impact on the region. Highlights include riverfront transformation, historical architecture redevelopment, rebirth of LaVilla, demand for Downtown living, innovative transportation and more!
PDF here .
2017-2018 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, ” what exactly does DVI do in a year?” From expanding the Ambassador program by 50% to installing 80,000 LED lights for the “Lights on Laura” installation to topping 100,000 followers on @DTJax social media, check out our latest Annual Report , which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2017-2018. PDF here .
2019 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First Wednesday Art Walk attracts 5,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 35+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars, and businesses. In its 16th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers, and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here .