The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
August 6: MOBA Monday at GLHF Bar
- New photo exhibit at Jacksonville’s Main Library will spread 75 images over four floors
- Transwestern Arranges $24.5M Sale of Office Tower in Downtown Jacksonville
- Downtown Development Reaches Tipping Point With Explosive July
- JEA releases list of options being considered for new Downtown campus
- Ash Properties closes on BB&T Tower for $24.47 million
- Art Walk returns in August with “Back to School” theme
- The State Of Downtown; WOWsdom!; The River Comes Of Age; Kerry Speckman
- Report: 2017 Saw More Than $3.5 Billion Worth Of Downtown Jacksonville Projects
- State of Downtown Report Released
- New report offers glowing take on state of Downtown
- Report: Surge in growth downtown, demand for living high
- More investments downtown attracting jobs
- Newly Released 2017 State of Downtown Report Finds Recent Projects are Turning Jacksonville’s ‘Potential’ into ‘Action’
- State of Downtown report: High residential demand, slight uptick for office real estate
New businesses in #DTJax:
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
SHOR Tavern, Hyatt Regency
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- A Day in the Life: Interning at Downtown Vision
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Summertime BBQ Favorites in #DTJax
- Fourth of July in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Summer Camps in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
Here are some of the things we’re excited about:
An exponential increase in development is turning Downtown’s “potential” into action. With more than $3.5 billion in projects completed, under construction or proposed in 2017, Downtown Jacksonville is on track to quickly beat the progress of the last 17 years combined.
Demand for Downtown living is high. Residential units are 96% occupied. More than 900 units are under construction and 2,400 units are proposed. In addition, more than 86% of residents have a favorable opinion of living Downtown.
Universities are bringing students Downtown. JTA is investing in new public transportation services and the City of Jacksonville is working on multiple projects to make Downtown more bicycle and pedestrian-friendly. And, a number of new hotels have been announced.
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.