The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- The Center Cannot Hold at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company.Runs through Saturday, July 13.
- Bridge Eight Poetry Workshop at MOCA Jacksonville
- Eddie B: I’m Already Professionally Developed Tour at The Florida Theatre
- Purposeful Pathways Book Signing with Dr. Sharon Flowers at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Short Attention Span Theatre Festival at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company
- Studio Practice Workshops: Printmaking with Krista Hoover at MOCA Jacksonville
- Mega Pet Adoption at Jacksonville Fairgrounds. Runs through Sunday, July 14.
- Toddler Time: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Tonca’s 53rd Birthday Celebration at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Brush Strokes: A Paint Night at Myth Nightclub
- Edge Social at The Volstead
- Torche, Umanità Nova, Colonial Wound at The Justice Pub
- Train and the Goo Goo Dolls at Daily’s Place
- Emarosa, Selfish Things, Fame On Fire, Runner’s High & more at 1904 Music Hall
- XXCess Wednesdays (Ladies Night) at Myth Nightclub
- Entrepreneurship Talk Show at Breezy Jazz Club
- Drewlface EP “Saved” Release Party at
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Dara Sweatt at Bold City Downtown
- Dave Koz and Friends at The Florida Theatre
- Flowav, Love Culture, Crynomas & Cap 6 at The Justice Pub
- Hip Hop & Hookah with Jax E Sports: FIFA Tournament at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Josh Card at 1904 Music Hall
- New Kids on the Block: The Mixtape Tour at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- The Snacks at The Volstead
- We The Plug Presents: Walshy Fire at Myth Nightclub
- ABC HOUSE Party at Myth Nightclub
- AEW “Fight for the Fallen” at Daily’s Place
- Chris Webby, Jarren Benton, Locksmith and IAMAURA at 1904 Music Hall
- Mary J. Blige at Daily’s Place
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
- Yung Trap’s Birthday & Album Release Party at Myth Nightclub
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Mississippi Braves at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Tuesday, July 16.
- Best public art: Guido van Helten’s “Unity”
- Mayor: Jail could move from Downtown Jacksonville in 4 years
- The Mendenhall Report: Housing projects build momentum in Downtown Cathedral District
- Visit Jacksonville is moving it’s Downtown visitor center
- Business Brief: VyStar Plans To Put Its Name On Downtown Jacksonville Tower In August
Downtown Vision Updates:
New Opportunity at DVI!
Join the team at Downtown Vision as our next Experience Manager!
The position will focus on enhancing, beautifying and maintaining Downtown’s public realm, including reinforcing a “sense of place” in targeted areas via DVI’s Lively And Beautiful Sidewalks (LABS) initiative.
For a full description and how to apply, click here.
DVI is looking for fall interns.
If you’re a college student in your sophomore, junior or senior year of college, or a recent graduate looking for marketing and events experience, we want you! Learn more here.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge – presented by Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville.
These certified trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
Thanks for celebrating Independence Day at July’s Art Walk!
Thanks to everyone that came Downtown for #ArtWalkJax!
Check out next month’s Art Walk: Back to School SmARTS on August 7 featuring live music, local art, fun activities and other festivities!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: