The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- All About Telescopes: AstroCon at MOSH
- Falsettos at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, June 30.
- Noel Freidline & Friends Jazz Series at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Trio Peña at Friday Musicale
- Abandoned Jacksonville Signing with David Built at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Bridge Eight Fiction Workshop at MOCA Jacksonville
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Foundation: Juneteenth at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Jacksonville Public Art Week at Hemming Park. Runs through Sunday, June 23.
- Auditions for 2019-2020 Season at Jacksonville Children’s Chorus. Runs through Wednesday, June 12.
- Camp Encore at Cathedral Arts Project. Runs through Friday, June 14.
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Toddler Time: Pete the Cat at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- The Heavier Pets and Roosevelt Collier Band at 1904 Music Hall
- Jai.mal Live at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- TechNoir Synthwave Night at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Under the Influence at Myth Nightclub
- Damien Lamar and Neon Motherboard at Breezy Jazz Club
- Freak Show at 1904 Music Hall
- Friday Nights Fights Mortal Kombat Edition at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Full Moon Folk at Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown
- Twenty One Pilots at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- We The Plug Presents: Ray Volpe x Ubur at Myth Nightclub
- Frank Iero & the Future Violents at 1904 Music Hall
- GRB Presents: Encrypted & More at The Justice Pub
- The Lowdown by Mike Shea at Myth Nightclub
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Montgomery Biscuits at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Chris Brown announces tour stop in Jacksonville
- Bellwether serves up new menu featuring Korean inspired bites and southern flair
- Jacksonville Business Journal finds new home in urban core
- VyStar CEO Brian Wolfburg personally investing in Downtown property
- Jacksonville’s NOLA MOCA offers to-go meals during temporary dining room closure
- Brewed in Jacksonville: 5 taprooms for a frothy glass of awesome
- Area Shelters Offer Respite From The Heat
- The Downtown Dwellers are looking for new members
- Aerial easement for Downtown Hyatt Place hotel moves forward
- Developer says Kings Avenue Station building on Southbank could be 40 stories
- Can Downtown support all the proposed hotels?
Downtown Vision Updates:
Thanks for Celebrating Summer with us at Art Walk!
Thanks to everyone that came Downtown for #ArtWalkJax!
Check out next month’s Art Walk: Red, White and Blues on July 3rd featuring live music, local art, fun activities and other festivities!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
Just in time for the summer fitness crunch, we’re partnering with the Winston Family YMCAand City of Jacksonville to bring you FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge.
These certified personal trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: