Instagram of the Week
Gorgeous sunset view of #DTJax! You can see the red, white and blue lights of the Acosta reflected across the skyline. Photo by @wagoner4america.
Use the hashtag #DTJax for a chance to be featured.
June’s Virtual Art Scroll:
Join us tomorrow, at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. on the Art Walk Facebook Page for the third installment of Art Scroll for artist interviews, live entertainment and a celebration of Bold City Pride! View the full schedule.
Additional Arts & Culture Events This Week:
- Tues, June 16th | Cummer Museum: Responding to Current Events Through Arts
- Thurs, June 18th | MOCA Movie Night Presents: Moonlight
- Friday, June 19th | Florida Theatre Fundraiser: Keb’ Mo’ Home Show
- Friday, June 19th | MOSH Roundtable Discussion about Refugee + Immigrant Experiences
Take a look at our #DTJax Business Updates blog to see which Downtown Jacksonville businesses are open and what services they are currently offering.
Museum of Science and History
The MOSH is now open! Visit their new exhibit, Dinosaurs Across the World. New protocols have been implemented to keep visitors and employees safe. Ticket sales and member reservations are online only.
Visit their website
Bold City Brewery
Bold City Brewery’s Downtown location is now open 7 days a week! Stop in to see your favorite beertenders. Plus, if you come by tomorrow from 6-8 p.m. there will be free beer on us in celebration of our June Art Scroll.
Visit their Facebook
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Father’s Day falls on Sunday, June 21, which means it’s time to start brainstorming fun gift ideas. Many small businesses in #DTJax are back open and would love to help you make the holiday extra special. View the blog post for the full list
Shop for a Unique Gift at Wolf & Cub
Now booking private shopping appointments, pick up a gift from Wolf & Cub. Not only is it a safe way to shop, but it’s the perfect spot for all things Father’s Day.
Enjoy a Day on the Water with the St. Johns River Taxi
River Cruises have resumed and are a perfect way to celebrate dad while getting the whole family together!
Grab Dinner on the St. Johns River at River City Brewing Company
Delicious eats, incredible drink selections and iconic #DTJax views! River City Brewing Company would love to host your Father’s Day dinner. There will be specials available Father’s Day weekend.
4th of July in #DTJax
Join us for the best July 4th Fireworks show on the First Coast! The City of Jacksonville will be lighting the sky in multiple locations across Jacksonville this year, including our very own Downtown celebration. The show will begin at 9:45 p.m.
Updates from Downtown Vision
Florida Reopening Phase II:
Florida is now in Phase II of the state-wide reopening plans. Governor DeSantis’ plan, Safe, Smart, Step-by-Step, relaxes more of the measures put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19. Changes Include:
- Gyms and retail operating at 100% capacity
- Bars and pubs including those in hotels can open at a 50% capacity
- Entertainment facilities can open at a 50% capacity
- Groups are encouraged to limit gatherings to no more than 50
Small Business Support
- Visit COVID-19: #DTJax Resources for Small Business for up-to-date information on loans, grants and assistance for those dealing with layoffs.
- Please take our Impact Survey for Downtown Businesses so we can share with leadership as they plan relief efforts.
The Downtown Vision office is closed but the team can be contacted by email.