The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: Little Black Dress at Times-Union Center. Runs through Thursday, June 27.
- Intro to Acting Class at Creative Veins
- Falsettos at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, June 30.
- MOSH After Dark: Moon Landing – Looking Back 50 Years Ago at MOSH
- MOTH Presents Makerspace Movies: A Plastic Ocean at MOCA Jacksonville
- Figure Fridays at MOCA Jacksonville
- The St. Augustine Music Festival Chamber Orchestra at Friday Musicale
- Dinner Detective Murder Mystery at The Omni Hotel
- Pride Celebration Day 2019 at MOSH
- Studio Practice Workshop: Mixed Media with Ron Episcopo at MOCA Jacksonville
- African Village Culture Street at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Summer Movie Classic Series: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid at The Florida Theatre
- Camp ENCORE at Cathedral Arts Project. Runs through Friday, June 28.
- River City Choral Festival & Day Camp at Jacksonville Children’s Chorus. Runs through Friday, June 28.
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Toddler Time: Pete the Cat at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- Chachuba, Ben Stroke and the Full Electric at 1904 Music Hall
- Showtime at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- TechNoir Synthwave Night at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Havana Nights at Spliff’s Gastropub
- RnBMostly: A Mostly R&B Kickback at The Justice Pub
- The Snacks at Breezy Jazz Club
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at Daily’s Place
- We The Plug Presents: Beat The Clock at Myth Nightclub
- Yacht Rock Revue at The Florida Theatre
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Free Workout Class at Corkscrew Park
- Teen Yoga at Jacksonville Main Library
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Chattanooga Lookouts at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Wednesday, July 3.
- Sunday Yoga in the Park at Hemming Park
- Yoga in the Atrium at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jacksonville’s top 5 cocktail bars to visit now
- JTA kicks off its first free Saturday Skyway rides
- Downtown Investment Authority reveals board member scoring for CEO candidates
- The Mendenhall Report: JTA sees development as way to boost ridership
- Finding a New Purpose for the Snyder Memorial Church Building
- Plan makes Florida Blue parking lot next to Fidelity campus available for development
- Panera, Chipotle, more planned for Jacksonville’s growing Brooklyn neighborhood
- Gluten-free, vegan cafe and bakery coming to Downtown Jacksonville
- Guns N’ Roses to perform at VyStar Veteran Memorial Arena in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville 4th Of July Fireworks: 2019 Guide, Scheduled Time
- Developer Mike Balanky says there must be a ‘sense of urgency’ on Downtown development
- Whispers Oyster Bar & Crabs now open in Downtown Jacksonville
- JaxBest: Checking out the public art scene in Jacksonville
Downtown Vision Updates:
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge – presented by Winston Family YMCA and City of Jacksonville.
These certified trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
DVI is looking for fall interns.
If you’re a college student in your sophomore, junior or senior year of college, or a recent graduate looking for marketing and events experience, we want you! Learn more here.
Celebrate Independence Day at July’s Art Walk NEXT WEEK!
Party like a patriot and join us at the July 3rd Art Walk: Red, White and Blues.
Enjoy live music, local art and 30+ participating venues this month! Plus, show your patriotism and grab a free USA flag from the red Art Walk tent, while supplies last.
Main Stage @ Hemming Park:
Stop by the Main Stage to enjoy a blues performance by Vibe RW from 5-6:30 p.m. and stick around to catch the talented Groove Coalition from 6:45-9 p.m.
Kid Zone on Adam Street:
Bring the kids to Adams St. to enjoy bounce houses, activities by MyGym, jump-roping by Jump 4 Jax, magic tricks and more!
Adam Street Eats:
Visit featured restaurants on Adams Street during Art Walk like Breezy Jazz Club, De Real Ting Cafe, Gili’s Kitchen and Kazu Sushi Burrito. Pick up discount coupons at participating venues or at the Art Walk tent on the corner of Laura and Monroe St. at Hemming Park.
Food Truck Valley:
Grab a bite from Balu’s Surf Shack, Fusion, Hazelnut Grill Honey Dripper House, Rocco’s Pizzeria and Latin Soul Grill in the Food Truck Valley on Laura St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: