The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
- Jacksonville cultural institutions begin summer programming
- Group pushes for downtown historic district
- Mayor’s committee approves $559,000 in incentives for 107 new jobs downtown
- Proposed Hart Bridge overpass removal a boon for downtown development, a pain for commuters
- Arts Notes: VenuesNow magazine names Florida Theatre a top venue
- VyStar taking over piece of downtown skyline, moving HQ to urban core
- Partnerships power Downtown development
- Downtown Thumbs: There is a good plan for Downtown
- Downtown column: Laura Street could be a great pedestrian mall
- An art view is happening in full view Downtown
- DIA approves selling LaVilla property for apartments, grocery, rooftop beekeeping
- Thumbs up to Vesctor’s bullish approach to Downtown housing
- Vestcor pushes toward 600 apartments in downtown
- Jacksonville earns No. 6 spot for local business growth
- “Project Wolfe” would bring 100 jobs to Jacksonville
- A Bird’s-Eye View of Downtown Jacksonville in 2018____________________________________________________________________
New businesses in #DTJax:
11 N. Ocean St.
The Justice Pub
315 E. Bay St.
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Summer Camps in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtowner of the Year: Mark Nusbaum and Frank Denton
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Ambassador of the Year: Willie Browner
- Sunset Cruises with the St. Johns River Taxi
- The Dog Side of #DTJax
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 State of Downtown Report
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.