The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Every Single Artist Lounge at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: Waitress at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, March 17,
- Tuesday Produce Market with Berry Good Farms at Hemming Park
- Bike Night at the Jacksonville Landing
- Drink and Draw at MOCA Jacksonville
- Member’s Preview: Atrium Evan Roth at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Verdi’s Requiem at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, March 17.
- Puttin’ on the Ritz at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Beatles Vs. The Stones: A Musical Showdown at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Coffee with a Curator at MOCA Jacksonville
- The Dinner Detective at The Omni Hotel
- Scribes & Vibes at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Jacksonville Landing
- St. Patrick’s Day Food Truck Takeover at Hemming Park
- Free Spring Break Sing & Play Day at Jacksonville Children’s Chorus. Runs through Monday, March 18.
- MOSH Spring 2019 Discovery Camps. Runs through Friday, March 15.
- Camp-In at the Museum Presents: BUG OUT at MOSH. Runs through Sunday, March 17.
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- The Motet with Exmag at 1904 Music Hall
- TechNoir Synthwave Dance Night at The Justice Pub
- Thursday Trivia at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Travis Scott: Astroworld Tour at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Trivia Night at GLHF Game Bar
- Billy Buchanan & Rock ‘n Soul Revue at Friday Musicale
- Boogie Freaks at the Jacksonville Landing
- The Company Stores at 1904 Music Hall
- Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Get The Led Out at The Florida Theatre
- Shawn Layne at Bold City Brewery Downtown
- The Snacks at The Volstead
- Subtronics and Blunts & Blondes at River City Brewing Company
- TGIF St. Patrick’s Day Edition with Spade McQuade at Hemming Park
- We The Plug Presents: RIVA STARR at Myth Nightclub
- The Chelsey Michelle Band at River City Brewing Company
- Duval Spring Fest 2019 at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Old School R&B Music at Breezy Jazz Club
- Steve Thompson Year 33 Comedy Bash at The Justice Pub
- St. Patrick’s Day Party by Mike Shea at Myth Nightclub
- Trey Tucker Band at the Jacksonville Landing
- Wade B and Allen Higgs at 1904 Music Hall
- I_o[mau5trap] at Myth Nightclub
- Karaoke Sundays at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- St. Paddy’s at Fionn MacCool’s
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Socially Fit Group Fitness at Jacksonville Landing. Runs through Thursday, March 14.
- Restaurant review: MLG joins Sweet Pete’s Candy Shop downtown
- Guest Column: Let’s take lessons from others to increase our city’s charm
- VyStar buys former Life of the South Building Downtown for $5 million
- Guest Column: The arts should be the focal point of the new Landing
- Work begins to replace downtown building’s broken windows
- Taxpayers could pay $900,000 for construction inside Duval County jail
- Councilman says he’s trying to find other city properties for current Jacksonville Landing tenants
- The Cawton Report: Anna Lopez Brosche talks Downtown development and the Landing
Downtown Vision Updates:
DVI has another Emerging Leader on its staff!
Congratulations to our very own VP of District Services, Eric Miller, for being selected for the 2019 Emerging Leaders Fellowship (ELF) program by the International Downtown Association (IDA)!
The Emerging Leader Fellowship is a week-long program taught in New York City, that brings together IDA professionals from within the urban district management industry to learn valuable skills in place-making, economic development and public-private partnerships.
We are very proud to have Eric on our team and are very grateful for his dedication to Downtown Jacksonville. Congrats, Eric!
Thanks for celebrating Mardi Gras-style at Art Walk!
Thanks to everyone that came Downtown and celebrated Mardi Gras at Art Walk! Event photos from 904 Happy Hour here.
Check out next month’s Art Walk: Speak from the HeART on April 3 featuring Hope at Hand‘s Jax Poetry Fest, local art, live music and 15+ blocks of programming!
Want to know more? Details.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: