The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- A Closer Look at Gender and Legacy: Panel Discussion at MOSH
- Tuesday Produce Market with Berry Good Farms at Hemming Park
- Book Club Meet Up at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Downtown Wine Down at Cowford Chophouse
- Meetup with the Downtown Dwellers at Manifest Distilling
- Movie Night: The Judge at WJCT Studios
- Third Thursday Tour: Painting the Picture at MOCA Jacksonville
- Tiffany Jenkins: This Show is Awkward AF at The Florida Theatre
- UNF Movies On The House (MOTH): A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night at MOCA Jacksonville
- Art Reception & Birthday Celebration for Desiree Kantrim at The Art Center Cooperative
- Master Harold…and The Boys at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, March 24.
- Roots of Southern Rock: A Tribute to the Allman Brothers Band at MOSH
- Jacksonville Spring Fair at Tailgaters Parking. Runs through Sunday, March 31.
- Theatreworks Jax Presents: Madeline and the Bad Hat at The Florida Theatre
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- Make and a Movie: Venom at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy
Live Music & Nightlife
- Duval Spring Fest 2019 at Spliff’s Gastropub. Runs through Thursday, March 21.
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- Bonnie Blue at 1904 Music Hall
- Little Feat 50th Anniversary Tour at The Florida Theatre
- Speed Dating at Intuition Ale Works
- XXCess Wednesdays at Myth Nightclub
- 2nd Annual Felicia Nicole: Love Me Anyway Memorial Concert at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- 99.9 Gator Country Acoustic Jam at the Jacksonville Landing
- Green Jellö at The Justice Pub
- Jueves Rumberos at Live Bar
- Princeton Tigertones at Hemming Park
- Thursday Trivia at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- University of Kentucky Pep Rally at Manifest Distilling
- Xavier Wulf at 1904 Music Hall
- AC Slater at River City Brewing Company
- Eric Carter and Co. at Breezy Jazz Club
- HH&H Present: Vennum’s Album Listening Party at Spliff’s Gastropub
- The Holdup, Dylan Reese at 1904 Music Hall
- The Kenji Bolden Trio at The Volstead
- Little River Band at The Florida Theatre
- Shuck and Jive at the Jacksonville Landing
- We The Plug Presents: CHIME at Myth Nightclub
- Buddy Guys at The Florida Theatre
- GlowRage Paint Party at Mavericks Live
- New Orleans Rhythm & Blues at Breezy Jazz Club
- Rhythm of Fear at 1904 Music Hall
- Rock the River at the Jacksonville Landing
- The TreeHOUSE Presents: Lurk City at Myth Nightclub
- Duval the Musical at Friday Musicale
- The Freestylers at Myth Nightclub
- Highway Jones Band at the Jacksonville Landing
- Karaoke Sundays at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Laugh Lounge at Dos Gatos
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Socially Fit Group Fitness at Jacksonville Landing. Runs through Thursday, March 21.
- NCAA March Madness at Veterans Memorial Arena. Runs through Saturday, March 23.
- MOSH 2.0: Jacksonville’s Museum of Science & History plans $80 million upgrade
- Urban pioneers set the pace Downtown
- Monday Editorial: Area young professionals named to Winston Family Y group
- City buy-out of Jacksonville Landing passes first vote test
- Smart transportation system in the works for Downtown Jacksonville
- List of NCAA teams coming to Jacksonville for March Madness
- Downtown is the city’s economic engine
- Downtown’s great hotel boom
- Quarterback Nick Foles Joins Jaguars in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Residents Raise Concerns About Tearing Down Hart Bridge Ramps
- Jacksonville residents react to Berkman II plans
- City incentives for downtown resort hotel at Berkman II site get scrutiny
- Tossgreen coming to Riverside Avenue
Downtown Vision Updates:
Downtown is the city’s economic engine
Duval County averages $74 million in taxable value for each of its many square miles. But in Downtown, our half-square-mile business improvement district averages $1.9 BILLION in taxable value per square mile, over 25 times more valuable!
DVI has another Emerging Leader on its staff!
Congratulations to our very own VP of District Services, Eric Miller, for being selected for the 2019 Emerging Leaders Fellowship (ELF) program by the International Downtown Association (IDA)!
The Emerging Leader Fellowship is a week-long program taught in New York City, that brings together IDA professionals from within the urban district management industry to learn valuable skills in place-making, economic development and public-private partnerships.
We are very proud to have Eric on our team and are very grateful for his dedication to Downtown Jacksonville. Congrats, Eric!
Celebrate Poetry Month at Art Walk in Two Weeks!
Enjoy poetry performances, open-mic sessions and more on the Main Stage in Hemming Park and at the Main Library. Plus, check out works from local artists, vendors and businesses.
Be sure to visit 35+ participating venues for more fun programming throughout the night.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: