The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Eat & Greet at Cowford Chophouse
- Florida Forum Speaker Series at Times-Union Center
- Open Mic Poetry Night at Chamblin’s Uptown
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: The Price is Right LIVE at Times-Union Center
- Inside Out: An Exhibition by Hiromi Moneyhun at Cathedral Arts Project
- Jacksonville Dance Film Festival at MOCA Jacksonville
- Kat Edmonson at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- MOSH After Dark Presents: Bitters and Botanicals
- Punch Brothers at The Florida Theatre
- The Rippingtons at WJCT Studios
- Cracking Up Comedy Tour at Times-Union Center
- Figure Fridays at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Ella and Frank at Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, March 30.
- 17th Annual Rumble at the River Mustang Car Show at The Jacksonville Landing
- 36th Annual BBQ & Western at Jacksonville Fairgrounds
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents: The World of Musicals at Times-Union Center
- Jacksonville Spring Fair at Tailgaters Parking. Runs through Sunday, March 31.
- Toddler Time: Tales of Peter Rabbit at Sweet Pete’s Candy. Runs through Saturday, March 30.
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
- Spring 2019 Girl Scouts Workshops at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Jazz Jam Session at The Justice Pub
- The Marcus King Band at Mavericks Live
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- SoundCloud Sessions at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Bob Weir and Wolf Bros at The Florida Theatre
- The Chelsey Michelle Duo at River City Brewing Company
- Put Some Spring in Your Step Launch Party at Manifest Distilling
- Roosevelt Collier + Unlimited Devotion at 1904 Music Hall
- Stand Up/Open Mic Comedy at The Justice Pub
- XXCess Wednesdays at Myth Nightclub
- LPT at The Justice Pub
- Showtime at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Sick Of It All and Iron Reagan at 1904 Music Hall
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- 7th Street Band at The Jacksonville Landing
- Backdoor Stompers + Jesse Montoya at The Justice Pub
- The Chelsey Michelle Duo at The Volstead
- Corona Premier at River City Brewing Company
- Danilo Brito at Friday Musicale
- Dynohunter at 1904 Music Hall
- Gogol Bordello at Mavericks Live
- We The Plug Presents: Beat The Clock at Myth Nightclub
- As I Lay Dying, Phinehas, Currents at 1904 Music Hall
- Blankets & Brews at Intuition Ale Works
- Casting Crowns at Daily’s Place
- Dirty South Villains 4th Annual Meet at The Jacksonville Landing
- DJ & The Band Be Easy at The Jacksonville Landing
- Old School R&B at Breezy Jazz Club
- Quiet Riot at De Real Ting Cafe
- Spring Break Edition at Myth Nightclub
- Wade B, Allen Higgs and Clint Anglin at The Justice Pub
- The Drip & Metatone Presents: THE WIDDLER at Myth Nightclub
- Karaoke Sundays at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Soulful Sundays with The Katz Downstairs at The Jacksonville Landing
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- FSU vs. UF Baseball at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Socially Fit Group Fitness at Jacksonville Landing. Runs through Thursday, March 28.
- Lionel Ritchie announces tour stop in Jacksonville
- Saturday Editorial: Good work by Visit Jacksonville in touting city
- Permit sought to transform former Ambassador Hotel into a La Quinta
- DIA puts the old city hall and courthouse annex sites back out to bid
- Jacksonville Landing Could Be Demolished by September
- Majority of City Council backs tearing down Jacksonville Landing
- Curry’s next four years: Mayor says he’s going to make Downtown a destination
- MOSH 2.0: Jacksonville’s Museum of Science & History plans $80 million upgrade
- Urban pioneers set the pace Downtown
- Monday Editorial: Area young professionals named to Winston Family Y group
- City buy-out of Jacksonville Landing passes first vote test
- Smart transportation system in the works for Downtown Jacksonville
- List of NCAA teams coming to Jacksonville for March Madness
- Downtown is the city’s economic engine
Downtown Vision Updates:
Celebrate Poetry Month at Art Walk next week!
Enjoy poetry performances, open-mic sessions and more on the Main Stage in Hemming Park and at the Main Library. Plus, check out works from local artists, vendors and businesses.
Be sure to visit 35+ participating venues for more fun programming throughout the night.
Join DVI for the Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting!
When: Tuesday, April 23, 8:30 a.m.
Where: Ed Ball Building, First Floor Training Room (across from The Brick Coffee House)
For more information and to RSVP, email Eric Miller, VP of District Services.
Downtown is the city’s economic engine
Duval County averages $74 million in taxable value for each of its many square miles. But in Downtown, our half-square-mile business improvement district averages $1.9 BILLION in taxable value per square mile, over 25 times more valuable!
DVI has another Emerging Leader on its staff!
Congratulations to our very own VP of District Services, Eric Miller, for being selected for the 2019 Emerging Leaders Fellowship (ELF) program by the International Downtown Association (IDA)!
The Emerging Leader Fellowship is a week-long program taught in New York City, that brings together IDA professionals from within the urban district management industry to learn valuable skills in place-making, economic development and public-private partnerships.
We are very proud to have Eric on our team and are very grateful for his dedication to Downtown Jacksonville. Congrats, Eric!
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: