The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- First Wednesday Art Walk at Downtown Jacksonville
- An Evening with Local Author Nicole Saunders at Chamblin’s Uptown
- Art Walk at Jacksonville Main Library
- Brook Ramsey: Solo Exhibition at Southlight Gallery
- Experience Hendrix at The Florida Theatre
- Front Porch at Art Walk at the Jacksonville Landing
- March Featured Artist Desiree Kantrim Opening Reception at The Art Center Cooperative
- Drink and Draw at MOCA Jacksonville
- The Funniest Night in America at The Florida Theatre
- The God of Hell at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, March 10.
- Steve Curtis Chapman at the Times-Union Center
- UNF Movies On The House (MOTH): Kiki at MOCA Jacksonville
- Cherish the Ladies at the Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, March 9.
- Chris Botti at The Florida Theatre
- Noel Freidline & Friends Jazz Series at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Clay Walker at The Florida Theatre
- FSCJ Artist Series Presents RAIN: A Tribute to The Beatles at Times-Union Center
- Rhythm and Romance Tour at the Times-Union Center
- Girls Who Code at Jacksonville Main Library
- Gummy Making Class at Sweet Pete’s Candy. Runs through Sunday, March 10
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Main Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Elements of D&B at Myth Nightclub
- Musicians Jam Session at That Bar at The Arena
- P!NK: Beautiful Trauma Tour at Veterans Memorial Arena
- SoundCloud Sessions at Spliff’s Gastropub
- 7 Year Anniversary Celebration at 1904 Music Hall
- Babes Brews + Ballots at Intuition Ale Works
- Cien Calavera Cuban Art Show at The Justice Pub
- DJ Robert: Old School Wednesday at Breezy Jazz Club
- Folio Happy Hour at Dos Gatos
- Jay Live at Bold City Downtown
- Mardi Gras Bayou Bash at The Volstead
- Silent Disco Artwalk After Dark at Myth Nightclub
- Blake Shelton: Friends and Heroes Tour at Veterans Memorial Arena
- DUVAL is For Lovers at 1904 Music Hall
- Empower Hour Networking at Myth Nightclub
- Sister Ivy with Barnes and the Heart at The Justice Pub
- ThatKidZe and Courtesy Bars live at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Thursday Trivia at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Thursday Trivia at Burrito Gallery Downtown
- Full Moon Folk at Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown
- Jacksonville Hip Hop Festival at Mavericks Live
- Melody Trucks Band, Bonnie Blue, Juke and more at 1904 Music Hall
- RnBMostly: A Mostly R&B Kickback at The Justice Pub
- St. Paddy’s Day Warmup Party at Fionn MacCool’s
- TGIF with Mike Shackleford and Dean Spry at Hemming Park
- We The Plug Presents: NITTI GRITTI at Myth Nightclub
- 9E, Tight but Loose and The Chrome Fangs at The Justice Pub
- Confresi and Plantrae with Vlad The Inhaler & Drewlface at 1904 Music Hall
- Shiba San and Tim Baresko at River City Brewing Company
- Welcome to Miami at Myth Nightclub
- Karaoke Sundays at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Laugh Lounge Presents: Katie Johnston at Dos Gatos
- Meaty & the Genie at Myth Nightclub
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Hemming Park Walking Club. Runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Thursday, April 25.
- Let’s Shag! Weekly Shag Dance Class at River City Brewing Company
- Socially Fit Group Fitness at Jacksonville Landing. Runs through Thursday, March 7.
- 42 Annual Gate River Run: Runners Expo. Runs through Friday, March 8.
- Jacksonville Icemen vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits at Veterans Memorial Arena. Runs through Saturday, March 9.
- Guest Column: The arts should be the focal point of the new Landing
- Changes loom for Gate River Run route
- Work begins to replace downtown building’s broken windows
- Taxpayers could pay $900,000 for construction inside Duval County jail
- Councilman says he’s trying to find other city properties for current Jacksonville Landing tenants
- The Cawton Report: Anna Lopez Brosche talks Downtown development and the Landing
- $36 million in Berkman II redevelopment incentives now before City Council
- DIA committee recommends path forward for former courthouse, city hall annex site
- City to seek new proposals for old city hall annex/courthouse site
Downtown Vision Updates:
Mardi Gras Meets #DTJax at Art Walk!
Experience Mardi Gras in Downtown Jacksonville on March 6! Enjoy local art, live music, food trucks, 15+ blocks of programming and 35+ participating venues at #ArtWalkJax.
Want to know more? Details.
Limited quantity – Get a #BeBoldJax canvas at Art Walk!
Stop by the Art Walk tent during #ArtWalkJax and get your very own #BeBoldJax canvas for only $15 and show off your love for Jacksonville!
With help from Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR), Riverside Avondale Preservation and LISC Jacksonville, we commissioned this killer design from local designer Alex Songcuan.
Proceeds benefit Downtown Vision as we work to create and support a vibrant Downtown and promote #DTJax as an exciting place to live, work, visit and invest.
Thanks to all who sponsored, attended and supported the #DTJax Gala! We raised $45,000 for the Lively And Beautiful Sidewalks (LABS) Initiative!
Four years ago, we launched the #DTJax Gala to celebrate Downtown Jacksonville and raise funds dedicated to making Downtown more vibrant and active.
Our 4th Annual #DTJax Gala, “Havana Nights, Neon Lights,” was a great success celebrating Downtown with approximately 300 guests. We couldn’t have done it without our more than two dozen sponsors, event partners, volunteers and our dedicated staff.
We raised more than $45,000 to complete more placemaking projects as part of our Lively And Beautiful Sidewalks (LABS) Initiative, which includes projects like the Adams Street Parklet, Lights on Laura holiday decorations, The Corkscrew daytime activation and more riverfront activations to come!
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: