The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- 48 Hour Film Project Screening at MOSH. Runs through Thursday, May 23.
- 2019 Jacksonville Jazz Festival in Downtown Jacksonville. Runs through Sunday, May 26.
- Jacksonville Jazz Piano Competition at The Florida Theatre
- Studio Practice Workshop Series: Ceramics with Mark Lester at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jazz Fest After Dark at The Elbow. Runs through Saturday, May 25.
- Figure Drawing Friday at MOCA Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Home and Patio Show at Jacksonville Fairgrounds.Runs through Monday, May 27.
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Patriotic Pops at Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, May 25.
- Walking in the Opposite Direction at The Living Room
- Decisions, Decisions! A Benefit Show at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company. Runs through Sunday, May 26.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Show at The Omni Hotel
- Free Tours for First Responders in May at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Gummy Making Class at Sweet Pete’s Candy
- Expedition: Dinosaur Public Opening at MOSH
- Illustrator Keith Henry Brown at Jacksonville Public Library
- P.O.M.E. Poetry Workshop Series at Jacksonville Public Library
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Brent Byrd Band at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Hip Hop & Hookah Beat Battle at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Jax Jazz Jam: Jazz Fest After Dark at The Justice Pub
- Jazz Fest After Dark at 1904 Music Hall. Runs through Saturday, May 25.
- Kristen Lee at Bold City Downtown
- We The Plug Presents: Kryoman at Myth Nightclub
- Birthdays & Bowties at The Volstead
- Bring Back The Rap at 1904 Music Hall
- DORÉ, Luna Cruise, Nick Mendez and Jack Edmondson at The Living Room
- Jazz Fest After Dark Featuring The Groove Coalition at The Justice Pub
- Laugh Lounge at Dos Gatos
- The TreeHOUSE Presents: OPRATR at Myth Nightclub
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival Poster A Nod To City’s History As ‘Harlem Of The South’
- Sweet Pete’s building in Downtown Jacksonville is up for sale
- Jazz takes over Downtown Jacksonville this weekend
- Boyer selected art next Downtown Investment Authority CEO
- The Rolling Stones Announce Rescheduled North American Tour
- Bill proposed to develop Downtown Jacksonville while protecting Riverfront
- City leaders approve updated, simplified downtown zoning
- Vestcor planning to develop 70 townhomes in Downtown
- Free lunchtime workouts every Tuesday in Downtown Jacksonville
Downtown Vision Updates:
Jacksonville Jazz Festival and Jazz Fest After Dark return to Downtown Jacksonville!
The City of Jacksonville presents the Jacksonville Jazz Fest, a FREE, multi-day music festival highlighting the best of Jazz in the heart of the city, May 23-26. Information on the lineup, VIP tickets and road closure information can be found here.
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park!
Just in time for the summer fitness crunch, we’re partnering with the Winston Family YMCAand City of Jacksonville to bring you FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge.
These certified personal trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountain on site.)
Congratulations to DVI Board Member, Lori Boyer!
Congrats to Council member Lori Boyer for being selected as Downtown Investment Authority‘s next CEO.
One of Boyer’s top priorities is to continue pushing more residential Downtown.
“I’m an absolute believer in residential first,” she said.
Read the full Jacksonville Daily Record article here.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: