The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
May 25-27: Seafood and Jazz Fest at The Landing
May 25: Sweet Pete’s Candy Toddler Time
Downtown Monthly Street Count
- Jacksonville earns No. 6 spot for local business growth
- “Project Wolfe” would bring 100 jobs to Jacksonville
- A Bird’s-Eye View of Downtown Jacksonville in 2018
- Hotel Indigo, Main & Forsyth parking garage receive final DDRB approval
- Forsyth Street weekday closures begin May 8
- In long-empty church, activist sees potential for museum of Jacksonville’s civil rights past
- Jaguars roll out new plan, new partner for Shipyards, Lot J
- JTA CEO predicts DOT budget increase will benefit the city
- Sleiman sees more redevelopment for The Landing
- A Bike Lane For Downtown’s Hogan Street?
- Downtown on the verge of a hotel boom
New businesses in #DTJax:
FSCJ’s 20West Cafe
20 W. Adams St.
Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown11 N. Ocean St.
The Justice Pub
315 E. Bay St.
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtowner of the Year: Mark Nusbaum and Frank Denton
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Ambassador of the Year: Willie Browner
- Sunset Cruises with the St. Johns River Taxi
- The Dog Side of #DTJax
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 State of Downtown Report
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.