The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Leading Black Masons and Eastern Stars at The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Runs through Monday, May 13.
- Gumshoe Movie Series: Maltese Falcon at Jacksonville Main Library
- Science on Tap: Sea Level Rise in Jacksonville at Intuition Ale Works
- Hamilton Sing-a-long Night at The Living Room
- Studio Practice Workshop Series: Ceramics with Mark Lester at MOCA Jacksonville
- 7th Annual Jacksonville Dance Theatre in Concert at The Florida Theatre
- Author Talk: How Everything Became An Addiction at Jacksonville Main Library
- Increase the Peace Rap Contest at Hemming Park
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Star Trek LIVE at Daily’s Place
- Murder Mystery Dinner Show at The Omni Hotel
- Noel Freidline and Friends Jazz Series at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Mother’s Day Brunch at NOLA MOCA
- Music @ Main: Sunday Intermezzo with Cliff Newton at Jacksonville Main Library
- Backyard Bazaar! Closing Celebration of Backyard Adventures at MOSH
- Be My Neighbor Day at WJCT Studios
- Cookie Decorating at Maddy D’s
- Free Sing & Play Discovery Day Class at Jacksonville Children’s Chorus
- Riverside Arts Market
- Science and History Boat Tours at MOSH
Live Music & Nightlife
- Empower Hour at Myth Nightclub
- Shade or Truth Show at Breezy Jazz Club
- We The Plug Presents: Midnight Tyrannosaurus at Myth Nightclub
- Electric Owl at 1904 Music Hall
- Greta Van Fleet at Daily’s Place
- Leroy the Comedian LIVE at The Cypher at De Real Ting Cafe
- Let’s Laugh at Breezy Jazz Club
- TechNoir Synthwave Dance Party at The Justice Pub
- The Black Dahlia Murder at 1904 Music Hall
- Darren at Bold City Brewery Downtown
- Fionn’s Landing Farewell at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub. Runs through Saturday, May 11.
- Hip Hop & Hookah at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Junco Royals at Friday Musicale
- Mother Nature Show at The Justice Pub
- The Snacks at The Volstead
- We The Plug Presents: Beat The Clock at Myth Nightclub
- B2K: The Millennium Tour at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Laugh Lounge at Dos Gatos
- Magic Mike Night at Mavericks Live
- Taurus Party at Myth Nightclub
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Lunch Classes at Dance Trance. Runs through Monday, May 13.
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Biloxi Shuckers at Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Runs through Wednesday, May 15.
- Jacksonville Sharks vs. Carolina Cobras at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Morning Yoga at Riverside Arts Market
- Outgoing Jacksonville Councilwoman Boyer 1 of 3 Finalists For DIA Chief
- Tuesday Editorial: Draft party symbolized the Jaguars’ ability to unite
- Great Fire Festival commemorates Jacksonville’s history
- Interest high in Barnett Bank apartments as leasing begins
- Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP adds 7 attorneys, creates downtown office
- Guest Column: Let’s develop our own vision for Downtown – not someone else’s
- Jacksonville Landing: Former DIA Board Member Says 2015 Plan Deserves Fresh Look
- City gives tenants inside Jacksonville Landing 30 days to get out
- New push to bring aquarium to Downtown Jacksonville
- Proposal deadline nears for Emerald Trail project submissions
- ‘You’re not alone.’ Pop-up to open downtown for Mental Health Awareness Month
- Jacksonville Nightlife: Craft beers at Bold City Brewery
Downtown Vision Updates:
YMCA Group Workout Classes at Corkscrew Park
Just in time for the summer fitness crunch, we’re partnering with the Winston Family YMCAand City of Jacksonville to bring you FREE group workouts at The Corkscrew – #DTJax’s new outdoor public gym located on the Northbank Riverwalk in the shade of the Acosta Bridge.
Starting on May 14, these certified personal trainer-led classes take place each Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. so bring yourself and a friend and get your sweat on. (Bathrooms & water fountains on site.)
Downtown Vision’s Jake Gordon on Completely Booked Podcast!
Jake sat down with Jacksonville Library’s Completely Booked to talk about what DVI is currently working on, and some updates on big projects like the future of the Jacksonville Landing and the Laura Street Trio renovation. He also shared some book recommendations from his kids!
Listen to the podcast here.
Thanks for going on A Journey Through Jacksonville at #ArtWalkJax!
Thanks to everyone that came Downtown for #ArtWalkJax!
Check out next month’s Art Walk: 6th Annual Bold City Brewery Summer Sizzle on
June 5 featuring the release of Bold City Brewery’s Big John’s Apricot Wheat Ale, Green Makers Market by Jacksonville Main Library and Trash Panda, live music, local art, 35+ participating venues and more! Details.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
About Downtown Vision: