The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Benji Brown at The Florida Theatre
- Black Friday Sale at Wolf & Cub
- Christmas Made in The South at Prime F. Osborn Convention Center. Runs through Sunday, Nov. 25.
- Question of the Week at Breezy Jazz Club
- 32nd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Jacksonville Landing
- Jacksonville Children’s Chorus Downtown Dazzle Light Show. Runs through Monday, Dec. 31.
- Kids Free November at Jacksonville’s Top Attractions at Visit Jacksonville. Runs through Friday, Nov. 30.
Live Music & Nightlife
- Ashley Willcinson at River City Brewing Company
- Reggae & Raggaeton, A Pre-Thanksgiving Day Party at Justice Pub
- Trina, Jam Pony Express and Daytona Sticks at Mavericks Live
- XXCess Wednesdays at Myth Nightclub
- After Thanksgiving Jazz Weekend at Breezy Jazz Club. Runs through Saturday, Nov. 24.
- Bigga Rankin at De Real Ting Cafe
- Retro Friday at GLHF Game Bar
- The Prophet Album Release Show at 1904 Music Hall
- Karly Monday at Island Girl Downtown
- We The Plug Presents: Beat The Clock at Myth Nightclub
- MOBA Monday at GLHF Game Bar
- Monday Night Funk Jam at 1904 Music Hall
- Rock N Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall at Dos Gatos
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Jacksonville Icemen vs. South Carolina Stingrays at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Shag Dance Lessons at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
Friday, November 23
The Looking Glass: Holiday Windows of Art – Call to Artists and Businesses – TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
The Holiday Windows of Art are a festive way of highlighting an array of artists while filling empty store windows. This year, Wolf & Cub is organizing the project and is calling for artists and businesses to participate in this event.
When: the windows will be unveiled on Dec. 5 during the First Wednesday Art Walk and will remain up for the month of December.
Artists: submit a PDF sketch of your concept along with a brief description of the project. Include name, contact and project information. Details.
|COJ City Council Meeting|
Join the City of Jacksonville for a City Council Meeting. Details.
When: Tuesday, November 27, 5 p.m.
Where: City Council Chambers
- 10 Best Big Cities to Live in Right Now
- Finally, Progress in Jacksonville’s Downtown Developments
- Solar Sidewalks, Roads Could Be Part Of Downtown Jacksonville’s ‘Innovation Corridor’
- First Coast businesses set up holiday events, light shows
- Downtown visions: Four business leaders share what they believe the urban core needs
- The Jaxson: JTA Considering 4 Bike Share Proposals for Downtown Jacksonville
- Downtown Thumbs: Celebrating the beautiful and successful Florida Theatre
- 6 ways Visit Jacksonville is looking to promote the River City – in Jacksonville and beyond
- Vagabond Coffee, Duval Mercantile Open in Downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville-based SharedLabs to merge with Glowpoint
- Projections of live-streamed performances could come to downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Fair: Your guide to fun, food, music
- Sports bar planned for old Hourglass Pub & Coffee House Downtown
- Riverfront light, sound show could come to downtown Jacksonville
- WWE SmackDown Live is coming to Jacksonville
- Council passes major economic incentive packages for downtown, industrial development
- Guest column: A mixed-income plan for the Cathedral District
- Downtown Thumbs: Thumbs up to keeping Riverwalk park a welcoming place
New businesses in #DTJax:
150 Riverside Ave. #307
211 N. Laura St.
Now Open! (through the holidays)
400 N. Hogan St.
Opening Thanksgiving Weekend!
223 N. Hogan St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
345 E. Bay St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
225 E. Coastline Dr.
112 W. Adams St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- Thanksgiving in #DTJax
- #DTJaxSalutes Veteran Ambassadors
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
#ShopSmall with us at Small Business Saturday!
Mark your calendars for Nov. 24, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and get ready to Shop Small®. Stop by 15+ participating businesses in Downtown Jacksonville and get a chance to win a giveaway with goodies from some of your favorite #DTJax spots! Details.
Tickets are going fast for the inaugural #DTJax Awards Breakfast!
Celebrate the people and projects making a difference in Downtown Jacksonville on Tuesday, December 11, from 7:30-10 a.m. at The River Club.
Celebrate the 4th Annual #DTJax Award winners and be among the first to find out the theme for the much-anticipated 2019 #DTJax Gala!
Tickets are $25 and include breakfast and complimentary parking. Buy your tickets or table today.
2018 #DTJax Awards Breakfast Sponsorship Opportunities
Support DTJax and gain valuable visibility for your company when you sponsor Downtown Vision’s 2018 #DTJax Awards Breakfast. Download the kit here.
DVI is looking for fun, talented interns for the Spring!
If you’re a college student in your sophomore, junior or senior year of college or a recent graduate looking for marketing and events experience, we want you! Details.
2017 State of Downtown Report
It’s an exciting time for Downtown Jacksonville. As we watch Downtown “potential” turn into action, we have a lot of successes to celebrate. Read about current development, employment and residential trends in this 12-month look at the Downtown Jacksonville progress. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First Wednesday Art Walk attracts 5,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 35+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 15th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.