The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Climate & People: How Will Our Communities Survive? at MOCA Jacksonville
- Mega Pet Adoptions at Jacksonville Fairgrounds. Runs through Sunday, Dec. 1.
- MOSH After Dark: Vodka Workshop
- Rescheduled: Jacksonville’s Longest Table 2018
- Christmas Bazaar at Hemming Park
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: A French Fantasy at Times-Union Center. Runs through Sunday, Dec. 2.
- Jef Taylor Closing Reception at The Art Center Cooperative
- Project Atrium: Amanda Coogan at MOCA Jacksonville
- Question of the Week at Breezy Jazz Club
- Jacksonville Children’s Chorus Downtown Dazzle Light Show. Runs through Monday, Dec. 31.
- Kids Free November at Jacksonville’s Top Attractions at Visit Jacksonville. Runs through Friday, Nov. 30.
- Holiday Arts & Crafts at Intuition Ale Works. Runs through Sunday, Dec. 23.
Live Music & Nightlife
- Bold City Tap Room Acoustic Set
- Chief Keep at Mavericks Live
- Duval Station at River City Brewing Company
- Eric Moore at Island Girl Downtown
- Live at The Volstead
- Night Out Of Time at 1904 Music Hall
- Quiet Riot Silent Headphone Party at De Real Ting Cafe
- Retro Friday at GLHF Game Bar
- Techyes and We The Plug Presents: WALKER & ROYCE at Myth Nightclub
- TGIF at Hemming Park with Beau and the Burners
- 5 O’clock Shadow at Jacksonville Landing
- The Big Ticket at Daily’s Place
- Coffee and Cocktails at Manifest Distilling
- Fritz with Nightcrawler at 1904 Music Hall
- Intuition 8th Anniversary at Intuition Ale Works
- Issa SOS Send-off at De Real Ting Cafe
- Kimberly Gunn Music at Breezy Jazz Club
- November Wrap-Up Party at The Volstead
- Pete Bones at Myth Nightclub
- The Snacks at The Volstead
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Curling Night at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Shag Dance Lessons at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- City Council poised to approve $2 million for new visitor center
- Downtown Thumbs: Thriving cities have vibrant downtowns, authors say
- City approves permits for former annex, courthouse demolition
- The Cawton Report: Boyer working to streamline Downtown zoning rules
- Rapid, scalable connectivity comes to downtown
- 10 Best Big Cities to Live in Right Now
- Finally, Progress in Jacksonville’s Downtown Developments
- Solar Sidewalks, Roads Could Be Part Of Downtown Jacksonville’s ‘Innovation Corridor’
- First Coast businesses set up holiday events, light shows
- Downtown visions: Four business leaders share what they believe the urban core needs
- The Jaxson: JTA Considering 4 Bike Share Proposals for Downtown Jacksonville
- Downtown Thumbs: Celebrating the beautiful and successful Florida Theatre
- Jacksonville-based SharedLabs to merge with Glowpoint
- Projections of live-streamed performances could come to downtown Jacksonville
New businesses in #DTJax:
150 Riverside Ave. #307
211 N. Laura St.
Now Open! (through the holidays)
400 N. Hogan St.
223 N. Hogan St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
345 E. Bay St.
120 E. Forsyth St.
225 E. Coastline Dr.
112 W. Adams St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- #DTJaxSalutes Veteran Ambassadors
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
Tickets are going fast for the inaugural #DTJax Awards Breakfast!
Celebrate the people and projects making a difference in Downtown Jacksonville on Tuesday, December 11, from 7:30-10 a.m. at The River Club.
Celebrate the 4th Annual #DTJax Award winners and be among the first to find out the theme for the much-anticipated 2019 #DTJax Gala!
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door and include breakfast and complimentary parking. Buy your tickets or table today.
VyStar Credit Union Presents: Spirit of Giving Art Walk NEXT WEEK
Give the gift of local this holiday season when you shop at #ArtWalkJax. There’s plenty to do and see with the entire family this month including:
Want to know more? Get the details here.
DVI is looking for fun, talented interns for the Spring!
2017 State of Downtown Report
It’s an exciting time for Downtown Jacksonville. As we watch Downtown “potential” turn into action, we have a lot of successes to celebrate. Read about current development, employment and residential trends in this 12-month look at the Downtown Jacksonville progress. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 Annual Report
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First Wednesday Art Walk attracts 5,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 35+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 15th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.