The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- See the Girl Summit 2018 at Jessie Ball DuPont Center. Runs through Friday, October 19.
- Southern Women’s Show at Prime Osborne Center. Runs through Sunday, October 21.
- Third Thursday Tour: Gideon Mendel at MOCA
- A-Train Live! The Experience featuring Comedian Darius Bradford at WJCT Studios
- Buyer & Cellar at The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company.Runs through Sunday, October 21.
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: Bachtoberfest at the Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, October 21.
- Planetarium Night Live: Big Bang! Nuff Said at MOSH
- Question of the Week at Breezy Jazz Club
- Super Silent Disco: WasabiCon Kick-off Party at MOSH
- The POP Life at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- TEDxJacksonville: Exchange at Florida Theatre
- WasabiCon 2018 at Lexington Hotel
- The Magic School Bus “Lost in the Solar System” at the Florida Theatre.
- MOSH Mondays: Discounted Tickets
Live Music & Nightlife
- 15 Views of Jacksonville Release Party at Manifest Distilling
- Caribbean & Karaoke at De Real Ting Cafe
- The Heart Of The City at 1904 Music Hall
- Hip Hop & Hookah’s October Beat Battle at Spliff’s Gastropub
- Viernes A Lo Latino at the Jacksonville Landing
- Jazzy Sunday: Jax Peace Party at the Jacksonville Landing
- Laugh Lounge Comedy Show at Dos Gatos
- Mugen Live at Myth Nightclub
- Scream Queens at 1904 Music Hall
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
- Will Clarke at River City Brewing Company
- Monday Night Funk Jam at 1904 Music Hall
- Monday Night Pool Tournament at Justice Pub
- Rock N Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall at Dos Gatos
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Curling Night at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Jaguars Stadium Tour at TIAA Bank Field
- NFL Trivia at Terrace Suites at TIAA Bank Field
- Shag Dance Lessons at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Community Yoga at Intuition Ale Works
- Critical Fit Live at MOSH
- DoubleTree Poolside Yoga at DoubleTree Hotel
- Morning Yoga at Riverside Arts Market
- USO Half Marathon and Freedom 5K at Metropolitan Park
It’s a great opportunity to promote your business through specials, coupons, discounts and candy while visitors, locals, employees and families dress up and trick-or-treat at DTJax businesses. Plus, it’s FREE to participate. Last year, 30+ businesses and 600+ Downtown employees and families participated!
- JEA board of directors to get update on headquarters search
- Downtown Thumbs: More Downtown holiday lights? What a bright idea!
- Saving Elena Flats: Historic Downtown structure is being restored
- MLG to fill former Candy Apple Café spot
- Affordable apartments attract more people to downtown Jacksonville
- Sheriff urges calls about homeless issues Downtown
- Jacksonville consolidation 50 years later: The great disruptor
- Jacksonville will be offering free bicycle valet at Wednesday’s Art Walk
- Downtown Thumbs: Downtown is on the move, thanks to the DIA
- New downtown facility will provide homeless access to showers, laundry
- Intuition brewery to celebrate anniversary with music festival
- 5 most popular Jacksonville neighborhoods for renters
- Toon Town gives Jaguars fans new place to tailgate
- The Mathis Report: Ruth’s Chris Steak House remodeling restaurants Downtown, in St. Johns
- A date with dynamite: Timeline set to implode City Hall Annex
- Symphony to partner with downtown restaurants for “Symphony in 60” after parties
New businesses in #DTJax:
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
SHOR Tavern, Hyatt Regency
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio