The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- 2018 Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds. Runs through Sunday, Nov. 11.
- 15th Annual Festival d’Vine at Treaty Oak Park
- Jacksonville Symphony Presents: The Music of The Who at the Times-Union Center. Runs through Saturday, Nov. 2.
- November First Friday Cosmic Concert at MOSH
- Puttin’ On the Ritz at The Ritz Theatre and Museum
- Tom Segura at the Florida Theatre
- Question of the Week at Breezy Jazz Club
Saturday, November 3
Live Music & Nightlife
- Halloween Spooky Lau at Dos Gatos
- PURGE – Official Halloween Party at Myth Nightclub
- Spookeasy Halloween Party at The Volstead
Thursday, November 1
- 7 Street Band at River City Brewing Company
- The Firewater Tent Revival at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds
- Mikael Smith at Island Girl Downtown
- Moon Hooch at 1904 Music Hall
- San Holo at Mavericks Live
- We The Plug Presents: The Red Cup Nation Tour at Myth Nightclub
- Aphrodite at Myth Nightclub
- Blue October at Mavericks Live
- Karaoke Night at Bay Street Bar & Grill
- Laugh Lounge Comedy Show at Dos Gatos
- Swing Dance Sunday at The Volstead
- MOBA Monday at GLHF Game Bar
- Monday Night Funk Jam at 1904 Music Hall
- Rock N Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall at Dos Gatos
- Stick To Your Guns, Immure and Wage War at 1904 Music Hall
Sports, Health + Fitness
- Curling Night at Veterans Memorial Arena
- Shag Dance Lessons at River City Brewing Company
- Yoga at St. John’s Cathedral
- Jacksonville Icemen vs. Florida Everblades at Veterans Memorial Arena. Runs through Saturday, Nov. 3.
- WWE SmackDown Live is coming to Jacksonville
- Council passes major economic incentive packages for downtown, industrial development
- Fan Guide: Annual Georgia-Florida game takes over Jacksonville
- Monday Editorial: Viva La Fiesta made Downtown sizzle
- Guest column: A mixed-income plan for the Cathedral District
- Downtown Thumbs: Thumbs up to keeping Riverwalk park a welcoming place
- Ventures has smaller plan for Downtown Southbank apartments
- Clara White Mission plans village of tiny houses in LaVilla
- JEA board of directors to get update on headquarters search
- Downtown Thumbs: More Downtown holiday lights? What a bright idea!
- Saving Elena Flats: Historic Downtown structure is being restored
- MLG to fill former Candy Apple Café spot
- Affordable apartments attract more people to downtown Jacksonville
- Sheriff urges calls about homeless issues Downtown
- Jacksonville consolidation 50 years later: The great disruptor
New businesses in #DTJax:
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
SHOR Tavern, Hyatt Regency
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- Downtown Ambassador Spotlight: Cindy Ray
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.