The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
Arts & Culture
- Eloy Castroverde’s “Wildlife in Focus” at Southlight Gallery. Runs through Friday, September 14.
- Bruce Hamm at Riverside Fine Arts
- Jacksonville Film Festival at the Jacksonville Main Library. Runs through Saturday, September 15.
- Jacksonville Symphony: Fanfare Opening Night at the Times Union Center for Performing Arts
- Jax BAR-B-QUE Fest at the Jacksonville Landing
Live Music & Nightlife
- Audiokick at the Jacksonville Landing
- Happy Hour and Live Music at Super Food and Brew
- Sting & Shaggy at Daily’s Place
- Sunny Sweeney, Mickey Lamantia, Josh Card & The Restless Souls at 1904 Music Hall
- 418 Band at the Jacksonville Landing
- Laugh Lounge Comedy Show at Dos Gatos
- Stevie Fingers Trio at the Jacksonville Landing
Sports, Health + Fitness
Tuesday, September 11
- Urban Kayaking Adventure launching from the St. Johns Marina next to River City Brewing Company. Runs through Monday, September 17.
COJ City Council Meeting
- FSCJ Offers Student Housing for 1st Time At Downtown Jacksonville’s Historic Lerner Building
- Mathers Social owners plan arcade, retro bar downtown
- Downtown Thumbs: Community Downtown is a relative breeze
- 1st Art Walk since Landing mass shooting draws big crowd
- Cher plans concert at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in January
- Jacksonville gears up for fall festival, Oktoberfest season
- JTA laying groundwork for downtown passenger rail
- Downtown Jacksonville’s Candy Apple Cafe closes
- City planning Downtown’s first dog park
- Local Agencies Seek $25M Federal Grant for Proposed Downtown Jacksonville Innovation Corridor
- How can downtown Jacksonville keep the momentum going? “We’ve got to have urgency”
- Arts and cultural district proposed Downtown
The Mathis Report: Ash Properties adds Exchange Building to Downtown holdings
- Using transit to spark development in LaVilla
- DDRB to review plans for proposed Downtown Hyatt Place Hotel
- ‘Riverwalk Place’ would bring housing, hotel and restaurants to Bay Street
- Jaguars advocating for other Downtown projects
- Downtown Jacksonville property get $5.4 million investment
- DIA CEO Aundra Wallace to lead JAXUSA Partnership
New businesses in #DTJax:
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
SHOR Tavern, Hyatt Regency
225 E. Coastline Dr.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- A Day in the Life: Interning at Downtown Vision
- National Outdoors Month in #DTJax
- Celebrating the St. Johns River in #DTJax
- Street Art in #DTJax
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
Downtown Vision has partnered up with local businesses in the urban core – including Daniel James Salon, Anytime Fitness, Super Food and Brew, The Brick Coffee House, Visit Jacksonville, Hollywood Cuts, Wolf & Cub, Bellwether and more – to provide unique PARK(ing) destinations in the heart of our city.
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.