The following is this week’s issue of the #DTJax Weekly Update e-newsletter. To receive this in your email inbox each week, sign-up here.
Instagram of the Week
Things To Do Downtown
April 26-30: Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos
April 28: Ball-N-Brawl at Bay Street Bar & Grill
April 28: Scout Night at the Baseball Grounds
Committee Night is an opportunity for all members and nonmembers to come together and develop meaningful programming for ImpactJAX. We will discuss ways to socialize, serve, and embrace our city as we further develop as emerging leaders. Learn more here.
- In long-empty church, activist sees potential for museum of Jacksonville’s civil rights past
- Jaguars roll out new plan, new partner for Shipyards, Lot J
- The Cawton Report: JPMorgan Chase coming to Barnett Building, Atkins confirms
- Learning by Example Downtown
- Downtown Thumbs: Hispanic Culture Film Festival Coming to Downtown
- JTA CEO predicts DOT budget increase will benefit the city
- Sleiman sees more redevelopment for The Landing
- A Bike Lane For Downtown’s Hogan Street?
- Barnett gets final build-out approval
- Cafe coming to City Hall
- City is seeking upgrades for Downtown sports venues
- Downtown on the verge of a hotel boom
- $26.4 million deal for The District
New businesses in #DTJax:
FSCJ’s 20West Cafe
20 W. Adams St.
The Justice Pub
315 E. Bay St.
Burlock & Barrel Distillery
417 Magnolia St.
Island Girl Cigar Bar Downtown
11 N. Ocean St.
Stories From BlogDTJax.com
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Achievement Award: Preston Haskell
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Project of the Year: Cowford Chophouse
- Found in #DTJax: FORGE 3D Printing Studio
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtowner of the Year: Mark Nusbaum and Frank Denton
- 2018 #DTJax Awards Downtown Ambassador of the Year: Willie Browner
- Sunset Cruises with the St. Johns River Taxi
- The Dog Side of #DTJax
2016-2017 Annual Report
Have you ever wondered, what exactly does DVI do in a year? Check out our latest Annual Report, which highlights accomplishments and financial information for fiscal year 2016-2017. Read or download the PDF here.
2016-2017 State of Downtown Report
2018 Art Walk Sponsorship Opportunities
Downtown’s signature monthly event, First WednesdayArt Walk attracts 8,000 people each month, spans 15+ blocks with 30+ galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, bars and businesses. In its 14th year, Art Walk celebrates the local art scene by featuring hundreds of artists, performers and live music acts. Be a partner today! Download the kit here.