There’s only one event this week that the whole world (OK, maybe just Jacksonville) should attend. Here are five reasons why you have no excuse not to experience “Art Walk: All the World’s a Stage” Downtown:
1. Several art galleries all in one place. Duh, it’s called Art Walk for a reason!
2. Episcopal students and teacher Mark Zimmerman perform at Perdue, Inc. on self-reflection…we all need it.
Watch as Porter Alexander Hamilton and Celeste Burns present a live performance piece and stay to enjoy live music by Paul Vranesh.
3. You can channel your inner thespian.
We’re not sure who came up with the idea that “break a leg” meant “good luck,” but visit the Episcopal School of Jacksonville drama club at CoWork Jax from 6:30 – 7 p.m. as they light up the stage while keeping their bones in check.
4. Here’s a concert you “can’t afford” to miss with performances by Woody Pines, folk duo Flagship Romance and local jazz singer Mama Blue.
Watch these artists belt it out starting at 6 p.m. at J-Bar at the Omni Hotel for free.
5. Laugh ’til you cry at the Mad Cowford improv comedy show.
Mad Cowford performs at Northstar from 8:15 – 9 p.m.
Art Walk is today, March 5, from 5 – 9 p.m. There’s plenty of other reasons why you should attend Art Walk, but that would take way too much time to type. Check out more venues and things to do at iloveartwalk.com complete with a printable map. We’ll see you tonight!