By Hana Ashchi, DVI Intern
How many times do you think we will say “fireworks” in this blog post? Well, that’s one right there.
Get fired up for a weekend full of fireworks, summer-themed events sports, music and more. Here are some Downtown events that are sure to dazzle:
For Independence Day fun:
- MOSH: In honor of Independence Day, admission will be $4 all day.
- 4th of July River Deck Party: Hyatt Regency is hosting premiere viewing of the fireworks show along with refreshments and great music.
- Jacksonville Suns: Plays the Chattanooga Lookouts with a fireworks spectacular after the game.
- Friends of Jacksonville Animals (FOJA) Fireworks Show: This adult-only event offers a one-of-a-kind venue at the Riverplace Tower where you can party and watch the fireworks show while helping pups in need.
- Foxy Lady River Cruise: Cruise the St. Johns River while watching the fireworks from below.
- Fourth of July Celebration: There will be three locations along the St. Johns River where you can go out and celebrate:
-Shipyards at Bay Street: Join in the family fun with water slides, three-legged race, volleyball, crafts, live music and of course, a great view of the fireworks.
-The Jacksonville Landing: Enjoy live music, drink specials and a beautiful view of the St. Johns River. Live music includes the singing of the National Anthem prior to the fireworks show by nationally recorded singer Tarralyn Ramsey, who’s wowed audiences of The Voice and the X-Factor.
-Friendship Fountain Park: Bring the family and experience the coolest activities presented by MOSH along with barbecue from Woody’s BBQ.
Wait! There’s more. Saturday, July 5:
- River Ruckus at Riverside Arts Market: Features free boat tours, live music, beer-tasting, kids river crafts and contests.
- Luau at Underbelly: Replace your red, white and blue with grass skirts and iconic Hawaiian shirts to celebrate America with live music and hot drink specials.
Sunday, July 6 ends the weekend with:
- Summer Movie Classic: A Florida Theatre summer tradition, enjoy a screening of A Never Ending Story.
- First Sundays Jazz Soul Brunch: Hosted by the Jacksonville Sports Tavern, featuring jazz music and summer delicacies.
Need transportation? Fear no more for the Riverside Trolley has extended its hours for Fourth of July and will also be going to RAM for the fireworks show. If you do drive, remember parking is free after 6 p.m. and all weekend long.
Remember, these are just the highlights, for even more Downtown happenings July 4 weekend and parking info, visit downtownjacksonville.org.
(And for the record, we counted eleven “fireworks” mentioned in this post. Boom!)