When more than 14,000 Jacksonvillians weighed in on the recent JAX2025 survey—the first step towards creating a shared vision of what Jacksonville can become and how we will get there—Downtown Jacksonville weighed heavily on their minds.
Downtown ranked in the top 10 responses for “what should be preserved” and ranked number one for both “what concerns you” and “what should be improved.” This survey is a reality check. And there is a silver lining: it proves that Downtown matters to the people of Jacksonville.
Downtown matters. Downtown is a source of community identity, culture, history and pride.
Downtown matters. A strong Downtown attracts new businesses, jobs and a diverse work force to the region.
Downtown matters. A strong Downtown increases property values throughout the community and enhances the quality of life for all Jacksonville residents.
DVI is one of many groups working towards a healthy and vibrant Downtown. But this shared goal will not become a reality without action from us all:
- Get familiar with what there is to do Downtown, tell your friends.
- Go out to lunch or dinner Downtown, stay and enjoy the riverfront.
- Take in a show Downtown, stay for a night cap.
- Plan your next date night Downtown.
- Bring the kids Downtown for education and entertainment.
- Hold your next event or meeting Downtown.
- Start your business Downtown or join a co-working space.
- Make your voice heard at the next JAX2025 community visioning event:
Community Visioning Event #2: A Vision for Jacksonville
Saturday, February 2. 9-11 a.m.
Now that we have created a shared agenda for our JAX2025 Vision – what we will preserve, and what we will improve — we need to refine those concepts into statements of vision and purpose. In the follow-up meetings, we will determine measures of success and accountability, and then develop a plan of action. Now is the time to step back, take a deep breath, and decide together what we want our city to be. Register for this free event.