Downtown Jacksonville and surrounding neighborhoods saw historic flooding on Monday due, in large part, to Hurricane Irma.
DTJax Ambassadors were back in Downtown Tuesday morning to assist in cleanup efforts. We would like to give a big shout out to J.L. Trents, Pita Pit, Big Pete’s, and Brick Coffee House providing meals to our ambassadors! We are so grateful to work with such awesome businesses Downtown. See more on the cleanup efforts here.
As Jacksonville recovers from the hurricane, many people have asked how they can help. We’ve compiled information below on where to give, cleanup initiatives, discounts for first responders, resident and business resources and more.
Urban Core Cleanups
Click for more information about each cleanup in Downtown and our surrounding neighborhoods.
- 9/16: Hogans Creek Cleanup & International Coastal Clean Up Day
- 9/16: Winston Y Clean Up RSVP to: email@example.com
- 9/16: Springfield Neighborhood Clean Up
Benefits & deals for first responders
- The Jacksonville Symphony opens its 2017-2018 season this Saturday, September 16. In response to Hurricane Irma, the Symphony is pricing all remaining tickets at $50. In addition, the Symphony is designating 100 complimentary tickets to victims of Irma and our community’s first responders. These tickets may be obtained by contacting the Ticket Office at 904.354.5547. All profits from the concert will benefit the Community Foundation’s First Coast Relief Fund.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are donating tickets to Sunday’s game to First Coast residents who have been impacted by Hurricane Irma. Residents are invited to apply for donated tickets below and will be randomly selected and notified accordingly. This offer expires on Thursday, September 14 at 5 p.m. EST. Register here.
- Spliff’s Gastropub is offering 15% off for first responders through Friday, 9/15.
- Hourglass Pub gives $1 off drinks to first responders every day.
- Bold City Brewery is offering 20% off drinks for first responders through the end of September.
- Anytime Fitness is open for free showers to non-members, victims and first responders starting today until 5:30 p.m., Thursday 9-5:30 p.m., and on Friday 9-2 p.m.
- Chamblin’s Uptown gives free coffee to first responders every day.
Disaster Relief & Assistance: FREE guides and checklists to help disaster survivors navigate the complex recovery process, avoid costly mistakes and make smart decisions that will lead to a faster recovery. Learn more here.
- Florida has Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program for interest-free loans of up to $25,000. Learn more about the program here.
- The Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center has links to complete damage assessments and apply for emergency loans. Read more and apply here.
- Businesses in Clay and Duval counties are eligible for Small Business Administration Disaster Loans. Click this link for more details.