Wednesday, Nov. 12, Downtown Vision Alliance held its first networking event, “Downtown After Work.” Hosted at Fionn MacCool’s at The Jacksonville Landing, about two dozen Alliance members, Downtown employees and business owners networked as they enjoyed delicious appetizers, drinks and an entertaining icebreaker. Attendees also heard from guest speaker Vince Cavin, executive director of Friends of Hemming Park, who talked about Hemming Park’s future plans and answered attendee questions.
This is one of several events organized so far for Alliance members and their friends, with more events to come. The Alliance is the 501(c)3 organization that serves as the charitable division of Downtown Vision, Inc. and supports improvements to make our Downtown sustainable, vibrant and prosperous. Alliance members are a grassroots army of Downtown supporters, advocates and doers. You can join us today for as little as $20.
There are some pretty delectable perks that come with an Alliance membership:
- Discount deals on networking events such as “Downtown After Work”
- Invitations to other special events and promotions
- E-mail alerts to keep you in the know about Downtown
- Special offers from local merchants, restaurants and cultural venues through the Discover Downtown card
- Volunteer opportunities to beautify, promote and advocate for Downtown
So if you’d like to get involved with the advancement of the Downtown community and take advantage of some pretty awesome perks, learn more at The Alliance’s website, www.discoverdtjax.com, and become a member today.
Stay tuned to the website above and DVI’s events calendar for future Alliance happenings and other Downtown events throughout the year.