Happy Thanksgiving from the entire staff at Downtown Vision! We are extremely thankful every day for all of the people who share and support our passion for Downtown Jacksonville; for every one who visits, works, or lives Downtown. Thank you for making it the great place that it is.
Though there are countless things to be grateful for in Downtown, our CEO, Jake Gordon came up with a list of some of the things we have been especially thankful for this year
Jake Gordon, CEO:
I’m thankful for my kids and all the awesome experiences we have in DTJax. They are 7 yrs old & 4 years old.
In just the last year, we:
- Saw Santa at HobNob & had a great brunch afterwards
- Cheered on the Jumbo Shrimp!
- Got healthy & tired in the Gate River Run & Junior Gate River Run, then drank chocolate milk.
- Had sunset dinner at River City Brewing Company
- Watched awesome The Little Mermaid by FSCJ at Times Union Center
- Cheered on the Gators at SEC Gymnastics Championships at Jax Arena
- Ran the Donna 10K and the Donna Family Fun Run
- Played with so many legos at MOSH
- Ate SO much candy at Sweet Pete’s
- Caught Odd Squad from WJCT at Historic Florida Theatre
- Walked in lots of pink in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 10K by American Cancer Society starting at Metro Park
- Trick or treat’ed on the street, in places like Peterbrooke, Wolf & Cub, Urban Grind and Chamblins Uptown
- Witnessed a home win at EverBank Field by the rejuvenated Jacksonville Jaguar
And that doesn’t even count First Wednesday Art Walk, the incredible kids section at the Main Jax Public Library, JazzFest, Intuition Brewery Family Game Night, Riverside Arts Market and so much more!
Jacksonville is a great place to raise a family. And when you need to have fun with the kids, there’s ALWAYS something in DTJax.
It’s going to sound cliche, but working and spending time in DTJax has brought so many incredible people into my life – people who are passionate about making a difference in the City, people who have become the best of friends, people who just brighten my day each time I see them – I even met my husband here in Downtown. Of all the things I love about DTJax and all the things I’m thankful for my DTJax community is number one, no contest.
Elizabeth Odom, Communications & Research Manager:
I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the Downtown Vision team, to work among a group of passionate people, and for all of the great people I have met so far Downtown. I’m thankful for our hardworking Ambassadors and all of the work they did in the aftermath of Irma to get Downtown back in tip-top shape. I’m thankful for all of the people who support Downtown Jacksonville and it’s development – it’s an exciting time to be Downtown and I’m grateful to be a part of it.
Alexandra Abreu-Figueroa, Events Manager:
Definitely the Ambassadors, great food options, coworkers and everyone who attends and supports First Wednesday Art Walk every month!
Ari Sinudom, Marketing & Events Assistant:
I am incredibly grateful to become part of such an inspiring, hardworking and passionate team at DVI, both as an intern and a marketing assistant. These men and women are best role models, mentors and co-workers I could hope for. Outside of DVI, I’m thankful for the ability to work in Downtown and make a difference in the community, as well as all the sports teams, restaurants, art galleries and other small businesses who make DTJax well… DTJax. I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else.