Jacksonville Hiring Event
July 22, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 1201 Riverplace Boulevard Jacksonville, FL 32207 United States
- Visit Website
Jacksonville Hiring Event
When you attend the Job Fair you can:
- Meet one-on-one with recruiters and hiring managers.
- Learn about upcoming job opportunities so new they haven’t been advertised yet.
- Possibly walk away with a job! Some employers offer on-the-spot interviews and job offers.
How to GET HIRED:
- Visit jobnewsusa.combefore the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who is hiring and what jobs are available.
- Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
- Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here today?”
- Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself.”
- Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization?” “Why do you want to work here?” “What are you looking to do?” “What are your goals?”
- Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
- Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative.
- Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to meet with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
- Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
- Follow up! It is critical to continue to express your interest in joining their team and restate the value you can provide them that no one else can provide.
- Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. You wouldn’t bring your child to an interview – don’t bring them to Career Fair. Career Fairs should be viewed as 30 interviews in one day!
At Job News USA, we recognize that the health and wellness of every partner and attendee is crucial to fostering a safe environment. We remain committed to preventing illness at our events and ask that you join us in our efforts to minimize the spreading of germs.
- All participants Must Wear A Face Mask to attend and follow all social distances guidelines.
- JOB SEEKERS MUST PRE-REGISTER AND SELECT A TIME TO ATTEND THIS EVENT AT: https://www.jobnewsusa.com
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the facility and we encourage everyone to use them frequently.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not attend this event. We have additional events scheduled for August 20th and Septebmer 16th.
- Do not shake hands with others
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth during the event.