March To Get Screened
March 26 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am
- 715 Riverside Ave. Jacksonville, 32204 United States
- Visit Website
The March To Get Screened (MTGS) 5K Race & 1 Mile Fun Run will be on Sunday, March 26th, 2023, located Under the Fuller Warren Bridge! This is a timed event, with mile markers at every mile.
The MTGS mission is to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and related deaths through increasing public awareness and education. We are committed to continue contributing to the fight against this preventable, yet fatal disease. All proceeds from MTGS benefit the Borland Groover Foundation.
What MTGS brings to the community:
· Raises awareness for colorectal cancer – Did you know, 45 is the new 50?
· Provides colon screenings to patients who may not have the financial means to have one – We provide vouchers to our medical partners, allowing these patients to get screened!
· Provides financial assistance to patients newly diagnosed with colon cancer who meet poverty guidelines – We’ve reimbursed medical expenses for over 25 newly diagnosed cancer patients with the funds raised, because of YOU!
· Educational lectures are held throughout the year offering our medical professionals’ opportunities to learn about gastroenterology education designed to bring novel and relevant subspecialty advancements to the Greater Jacksonville region, they can also earn necessary credits to maintain their licenses.
When you participate in MTGS you are promoting the importance of a colonoscopy, providing resources for educational lectures to our medical community, lessening the financial burden to families impacted by a recent colon cancer diagnosis and supporting survivors who live to tell their story!