August 3 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Learn the basics of hand lettering with the simplest of tools, a pencil! Learn to create over 100 letters, guidelines, words, and phrases. Each registration includes 1 drink ticket.
What you will get:
A 90 minute workshop including:
1. 1 72-Page Workbook
2. 1 Mechanical Pencil
3. Hand Lettered Name Card
What you will learn:
First 45 Minute Session-Tools and Letters
• What the five styles of lettering are, the types of pencils you can use
• Guidelines and how to use them• Five different kinds of letters and their names
• Attributes to different typefaces.
• Learn how to build three full upper and lowercase alphabets: Sans Serif, Script, and Serif.
30 minute break for questions and 1:1 instruction
Second 45 Minute Session-Words and Compositions
• Learn what kerning is and how to apply it to words and phrases.
• Four practice words and how to build-out and improve existing compositions.
• As well as a word composition guide for creating multiple layouts.
• Learn what flourishes are and how to apply them to words.
At the back of the book, there are sample grids you can use to create your own letters and words as well as word prompts at the very end.
Who is it for?
No experience is needed for this class! This class will be a great opportunity for designers, artists, and anyone seeking a new creative skill. This workshop is perfect for BEGINNERS who want to learn how to form letters and practice different alphabets.
EXPERIENCED letterers will enjoy learning the different styles and design elements available.
You will walk away with the tools you need to take on new hand lettered projects!
About the Instructor
Caroline Staniski is a Product Designer and Hand Lettering artist residing in Jacksonville, FL. Currently, she is a Product Designer for Ceridian who works with clients like: Amazon, Gap and Anheuser Busch. And has over 5 years of experience working to grow small businesses in Florida. She also holds a Master of Science in Business and Entrepreneurship from The University of Florida and a BFA from The University of North Florida.60% German (via Ancestry DNA) – Her favorite beer is Hofbrau Dunkel. Prost! In her free time, she enjoys German cuisine, reading up on new business news, ballroom dancing and networking events.
Recognition: She has been featured in The Gainesville Sun, is a recipient of a National Gold Addy Award, and has been featured by brands like Stickermule, David’s Bridal, Goodtype and DesignTaxi!