Performing at Art Walk
Musicians/performers seeking to perform at Art Walk are required to contact Katherine Hardwick at firstname.lastname@example.org with music samples.
Approved musicians and performers are added to a database and will be contacted to perform based on availability and fit. Only a small number of acts are booked each month. Performers are responsible for applying once per calendar year, and a valid email address is required. In addition to producing the Art Walk, DVI streamlines process for performers, pays the associated event fees and collectively submits the paperwork to the city for artists, musicians and performers exhibiting at Art Walk.
Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian apply for them. A parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the performance.
Art Walk is a family-friendly event. Music/performances containing explicit language, violence, or anything else questionable for small children belong inside a venue.
Performers performing on sidewalks outside of venues must also register with DVI and must have the approval of the venue. Musicians playing inside venues do not need to register with DVI.
- Promotion. Performers booked to perform at Art Walk will be listed on the Art Walk event flyer (3,000 distributed) and website, if booked by the print deadline. Performers may set up a tip jar, promotional signage and a table with promotional materials if desired.
- Space. Space with access to electricity will be reserved for musicians/performance upon booking. Performers must bring all instruments needed for the performance. DVI will supply lighting/AV for the event.
- Setup & breakdown. Performers may begin set up no earlier than 3:00 p.m., and should be completed by the beginning of the event at 5:00 p.m. Vehicles may be pulled into the park during this time to unload. Performers must begin breakdown no later than 9 p.m. Vehicles may not be driven into the Park for breakdown prior to 9 p.m. Performers who do not abide by these times will not be booked at future Art Walks.
- If you are set up in-
- Hemming Park: You must vacate by 10 p.m.
- The street or sidewalks: You must vacate or move your stuff to the sidewalk by 9:30 p.m.
- Weather recommendations. Art Walk is a RAIN OR SHINE event. In the case of inclement weather, it is up to each performer’s discretion whether to stay or not. Performers seeking backup indoor accommodations must make arrangements independently.
- Clean up. Performers are responsible for clean up of their space at the end of the night, including all litter and set up materials.
- Parking. Designated parking is not provided. Meters are free after 6 p.m. A central location to park is at the Duval Street parking garage on the corner of Main and Duval streets near the Main Library. You can also visit Downtown Vision’s interactive parking map at downtownjacksonville.org. Parking is not permitted along the sidewalks of Hemming Park or in a bagged meter space. If you are a performer in Hemming Park, you are not permitted to park on Hogan Street behind the Hemming Park main stage.
- Fire. Lit candles, incense and fire props are not permitted at Art Walk.